Bookmarks 1 Bookmarks

Author Topic: Trying to decide on model to get?  (Read 7429 times)

Offline Grouperman941

Re: Trying to decide on model to get?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 06:31:16 PM »
Stop thinking. Start smoking.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Offline TedEbear

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 11:19:35 PM »
  Auber has a model available that has a built in 1200 watt relay so it does not need the SSR making wiring simpler.

I believe that one has mechanical relays that have been known to stick.  I prefer the SSR.

Offline robertgate

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 01:13:10 PM »
I think both models are same just a little bit difference in functioning but same quality output.

Offline CmdrTron

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2015, 01:43:05 PM »
  Auber has a model available that has a built in 1200 watt relay so it does not need the SSR making wiring simpler.

Just curious if you know the model number with the built in 1200 watt SSR relay? I'm also a newbie. Waiting for my new Bradley original 4 rack smoker. I plan to either Mod it similar to Tedebears or just buy the plug and play. Will decide once I see how it will work with the new type temp controller. Thanks

T.

Offline TedEbear

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2015, 08:36:55 PM »

Just curious if you know the model number with the built in 1200 watt SSR relay? I'm also a newbie. Waiting for my new Bradley original 4 rack smoker. I plan to either Mod it similar to Tedebears or just buy the plug and play. Will decide once I see how it will work with the new type temp controller. Thanks

T.

Wow, old thread.  Anyway, the Auber PID controller with the built-in SSR looks like it can only handle a maximum of 2 amps, according to the description.  That isn't enough to handle even the stock 500W element, much less a dual element mod.

Here's a link to their PID controllers:  Auber Instruments PID Controllers