Trying to decide on model to get?

Started by kalex1114, April 11, 2013, 05:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grouperman941

I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

TedEbear

Quote from: Alanfromwis on April 12, 2013, 06:22:46 AM
  Auber has a model available that has a built in 1200 watt relay so it does not need the SSR making wiring simpler.

I believe that one has mechanical relays that have been known to stick.  I prefer the SSR.

robertgate

I think both models are same just a little bit difference in functioning but same quality output.

CmdrTron

Auber has a model available that has a built in 1200 watt relay so it does not need the SSR making wiring simpler.

Just curious if you know the model number with the built in 1200 watt SSR relay? I'm also a newbie. Waiting for my new Bradley original 4 rack smoker. I plan to either Mod it similar to Tedebears or just buy the plug and play. Will decide once I see how it will work with the new type temp controller. Thanks

T.

TedEbear

Quote from: CmdrTron on December 12, 2015, 01:43:05 PM

Just curious if you know the model number with the built in 1200 watt SSR relay? I'm also a newbie. Waiting for my new Bradley original 4 rack smoker. I plan to either Mod it similar to Tedebears or just buy the plug and play. Will decide once I see how it will work with the new type temp controller. Thanks

T.

Wow, old thread.  Anyway, the Auber PID controller with the built-in SSR looks like it can only handle a maximum of 2 amps, according to the description.  That isn't enough to handle even the stock 500W element, much less a dual element mod.

Here's a link to their PID controllers:  Auber Instruments PID Controllers