Banned from recipe site

Started by 3rensho, April 13, 2013, 07:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rensho

Hopefully Trey or Olds will read this.  I just tried to log on to the recipe site and it says my IP is banned.  Then I clicked on the link to send a message to the sysadmin to get this remedied and the 6 digits/letter code that I need to  enter to send the mail to the sysadmin does not appear so I cannot send the mail.  Catch 22.  I'm running Firefox 20.0.1 on a 64bit Linux box if you need that info.  Thanks for a fix.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Sailor

Works for me.  I use iMac running Chrome.  Wondering if you clear the cache that might do the trick.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

3rensho

Thanks for the reply but clearing the cache didn't help.

mikecorn.1

What about another browser. Just to see. You can try the usual IE or safari.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

Habanero Smoker

Hi Tom;

They are aware of the "Image Verification" problem, but they have not been able to duplicate it on their end.  I will send Olds and Trey an email about your particular problem.

I also experience the "Image Verification" problem if I log off. I am running Wndows 8 (64 bit) and have tried both IE10 and the latest Firefox. I'm going to boot up my old pc that runs XP and see If I have the same problem running it with IE8.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Keymaster

If you know what recipe your looking for  we can copy and paste it to you through a PM, maybe :)

Habanero Smoker

The only problem Tom should have is when he uses the search feature to try to locate a specific recipe. He should be able to move around the site and read the recipes; without logging in..

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Habanero Smoker

Tom;

I don't know if you are able to logon, but the "Image Verification" problem seemx to have been fixed. At least it is now working on both my systems; XP and Win8. I have tested it with IE8, IE10 and the latest version of Firefox. You should be able to contact either Olds or Trey directly.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

3rensho

Hi again,  yes the image verification problem has now disappeared and I have sent two notes to the sysadmin so far asking that my IP be un-banned.  No reply or un-banning as of yet. 

Thanks for the offer of a recipe but I don't need a specific one at the moment.  Just wanted access to all of that great info again.  Thanks for the offers and the feedback.  Will just have to wait until Olds or the ITDude get time to fix my problem.

Tom