Do i need to remove the pucks as they get used?

Started by brunodesando, April 26, 2013, 09:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brunodesando

Hello,

Just a quick question?  Do i need to keep removing the bisquettes as they are burned?  Or is it ok for them to sit in the waterpan until the smoking is completely finished? 

I know opening and closing the smoker changes heat etc.?

Thanks

ddtdustin

Bruno
I usually dump them when I refill the water pan on a long smoke.  Lots of people including me have switched the bowl for a disposable aluminum pan.  That way you do not have to refill as often.  You could also just spread the burnt bisquettes out and they would not back up, dumping them when the smoke/cooking is done.
DDT

GusRobin

I normally don't. Just make sure they don't stack up to prevent the enxt one from falling. If it is a long smoke I will change the water after the smoke part is done. Mainly because it is mostly grease by that time.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

beefmann

i remove mine after the smoking process is completed and add some fresh liquid

wetzel1977

Just like stated above replace the original water bowl with a alum. pan for longer smoke times holds more water and just  don't let the burnt pucks form into a pile and your golden. Have fun and smoke on !!
BDS 4 rack
Custom Smoker  W/ BSG/ Auber pid controls
Cabelas 160L Dehydrator
Cabelas 1HP Grinder