Smoking Eggs

Started by terry08, April 18, 2013, 08:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terry08

Got a request for 36 smoked deviled eggs for a function. They were willing to pay $ 1.00 per egg. First time getting paid for having fun. That price is per half, $ 36.00

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

ragweed

Looks interesting!  What flavor smoke?  How long?

terry08

Ragweed, I have always used hickory sawdust for my eggs.
Just did some three days ago. Decided to try the apple pellets in my dust logs for these. Plenty smoke but not the flavor of the hickory. I won't use these, will cold smoke more with hickory dust. Want the folks to get what they pay for. And by the way I cold smoke them for one hour. Out of this world.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

ragweed

Thanks, Terry.  Hickory it is for 1 hr, cold.  Sorry the apple didn't work.   :(

pokermeister

I have smoked eggs multiple times, and always smoked for about 3 hours with an AMZN pellet smoker. Good smoke flavor, and you can eat the eggs right away. Usually oak, hickory, or mesquite are my woods of choice.
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

tskeeter

Smoked eggs sound interesting.  I assume you hard boil and then smoke?

pokermeister

You missed a step- peel them after you hard boil, and before you smoke ;)

zzzippper

I have no idea why someone would do this.  It never would have occurred to me and I can't imagine how it would taste. :-\

pokermeister

Absolutely fabulous, and great as deviled eggs and egg salad. ;)

Yancey

Ah something else to put on my to smoke list!  :)

oldsmoker

Anybody have a special way they pickle smoked eggs ? Thanks   
OLDSMOKER

Tenpoint5

Quote from: OldSMOKER on September 05, 2013, 05:12:51 PM

Nepasmoker is the guru on the eggs. Send him a private message and he should post something for evetyone to learn from.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Habanero Smoker

I've been pickling eggs for sometime, the below link will take you to a site on how I pickle them. I rarely will smoke the egg, but when I do I cold smoke peeled hard boiled eggs.
Hab's Pickled Eggs

I believe Pensrock has posted a pickled egg recipe that uses beet and/or beet juice; which turns the eggs red. Also there are a ton of pickled egg recipes on the internet. I once came acroos a website dedicated to just pickled egg recipes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 05, 2013, 05:48:33 PM

Nepasmoker is the guru on the eggs. Send him a private message and he should post something for evetyone to learn from.

Well i dont know because i'm no way near the master of all things cooked, smoked, pickled, cured.  ;)