Breakfast Sausage

Started by Tenpoint5, April 18, 2013, 08:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

I had some left over Boston butt from making 10 pounds of Kielbasa. Decided to make some breakfast sausage using OU812's recipe.

The "Color Wheel" as my son called it. He also Questioned as to WHY there was a big ball of "Catnip" (Rubbed Sage in the bottom of the pic) in with the seasonings?

Extruding the skinless sausages out onto baking pan liners. This is not as easy as one would think or as it looks!

Used a dough scraper to mark the break points then into the freezer. After they had frozen solid, I broke them apart and vac sealed in packages of 20 3 inch sausages. Then back into the freezer for a future breakfast. No picture of that part it was 11pm and a few Adultry beverages had been consumed by then.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

wkahler

How did they do on breaking apart when frozen that is a great idea especially when it comes to vacuum sealing them!
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

Tenpoint5

It was a Snap to break them apart  ;D

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

wkahler

LOL.................shout have known that would be the response!!
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

ragweed

Was gonna try this myself, but chickened out and just made patties  :(   Very nice.  Congrats!

OU812

Lookin gooood!!

How did momma like the links?

Mutch better without the casings to me  ;D

NePaSmoKer

Good looking breakfast sausage there

beefmann

pikeman_95

Very interesting Chris.
How well do you think it will store when vac sealed?
KC

Tenpoint5

Quote from: pikeman_95 on May 11, 2013, 06:23:48 PM
Very interesting Chris.
How well do you think it will store when vac sealed?
KC

Having froze the links first before drawing a vacuum on the links. Really helps them hold their shape. So far they been holding up just fine. I have been cooking them from frozen state and hey are great brown and serve sausages

pikeman_95

That's what I was thinking. It is a good way to keep the cost down. Besides no blowouts they are all blowouts. How did you get those all the way under the stuffer tube?
kc

Tenpoint5

The first 4-5 inches I started by hand then started pulling the psper out

Grouperman941

Sorry for the necro, but I just made my first breakfast sausage using this recipe, and it is really good.

Instead of freezing and cutting, I baked at 400 for 10 minutes before cutting into links.

They are now vac sealed and in the freezer in convenient sized packs for quick breakfast.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Tenpoint5

Grouperman941

I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?