Help- Continuous puck advance

Started by murmur, April 18, 2013, 11:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

murmur

Hi
I have a Bradley 4 rack digital that I got for xmas. No issues until today.
Plugged it in to do a little cold smoking and it keeps advancing pucks then a E error shows on the display.
I unplugged the control unit and brought it inside. There I removed all pucks and did an extensive clean of the ramp and burner.
Plugged it back in and the same issue- continuous feed- one after another.

Any help would be appreciated!

ragweed

Call Bradley Customer Service.  I have the same problem, though intermittently.  They suggested I replace the micro switch.

Habanero Smoker

First open your generator and make sure the wiring to the switch is securely connected. You may also be able to adjust the motor position, so that good contact is made with the micro switch.

Biquettes Continuously Feeding

Also at the bottom of the information you will see a link for "E error message", you may want to check on that also.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

you may also want to  check and see if the puck advance button is stuck in the closed  position

murmur

A sincere thanks for the timely and helpful advice.
I was under the gun with out of town guests arriving this evening and had promised to make some "Duck Commander Smoked Almonds".
I was getting rather frustrated with this relatively new machine refusing to operate correctly.

With the help of the pictorial I was able to remove the gen cover and try to get better contact on the micro-switch. It worked!!

So I got on to my almonds. Made a Happy Happy Brine with the Zesty Seasoning for a 24 hour soak.

Then I air dried the almonds for 24 hours and gave them a 1 1/2 hour cold smoke with the Cherry Bisquettes.

Then I tossed them in a bit of oil with my spice blend and roasted them in the oven. Normally I would have finished them in the smoker but I needed a short hot roast cycle.

I am very happy with the finished result and grateful for all of your help- Especially you HS:)