NO HEAT WHY!!!!! GETTING ANGRY

Started by chefbrady12, April 28, 2013, 08:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chefbrady12

just got this thing yesteerday I am an executive chef of a fine dining restaurant, 4 years of culinary school, I know how to cook. This piece of sh@t will not heat up.  Been preheating this piece for over 3 hours now.  I have tons of food to cook, this sh!tbox will not go over 130 degrees WHY???????

chefbrady12

So was getting very angry have all this food hanging around waiting to go in.  2 whole chicken I boned out from the back keeping the skin in tact, ground some veal, and pork made a nice mousse/forcemeat out of it, stuffed my chickens, injected them, seasoned them, wrapped them in caul fat, and they have been patiently waiting to go in the smoker.  @ other chickens I brined, took out the back bone, let them dry overnight, just seasoned them very generously with a great rub I made.  Also got a few racks of ribs, made a great rub the KC rub from modernist cuisine, let them be in the fridge overnight 12 hours later, want to smoke them.  So I unplug everything, plug it back in, go take a shower, and now my smoker is at 250, JUST LIKE THAT.  Thank God I was getting pissed.  So now ribs are going in, then the stuffed chicken, and later my other brined chickens, with the backbone removed.  We will see now I am starting to love this smoker

RedJada

Welcome chefbrady12, looks like you answered your own question. Make sure everything is plugged in tightly. Looks like you have a lot on your plate to cook. You being a chief I'm sure realize that smoking food takes 4-5 times longer than just cooking. Glad you got everything going. Great place here and a lot of help if you need it. Just ask. That food you are doing sounds awesome. Please post photos....

Tenpoint5

Make sure you keep the vent wide open when doing poultry. The skin on poultry will be rubbery coming out of the smoker. You may want to crisp it up on a grill or oven
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TedEbear

Looking forward to reading some recipes from you and finished results pics.     ;)

devo

Hmmm  I never went to 4 years of culinary school and I can cook too  ;)

Welcome to the forum.

ChubbyBadnews

Quote from: devo on April 28, 2013, 12:54:14 PM
Hmmm  I never went to 4 years of culinary school and I can cook too  ;)

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome, Chef.. 
All hail the pig... hom nom nom

beefmann

welcome to the forum,,, hope you  will have better experiances

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska!

KyNola

Where is your restaurant located and what is the name of it?  You probably have some members of the Forum near you who would patronize your place of business!

rexster

Yep, the profile is seriously lacking info. Please let us know the name of your restaurant and location!
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

CowtownSmoker

So it took the smoker 1/2 hr to go from 130 to 250F?

rexster

Apparently the chef is too busy to come back on  here so we could hear the results of  his first smoke
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

Wildcat

More than likely he only logged on to get some help in solving his problem and then found a post about making sure all connections are good. If that is the case then I am glad it helped.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/