2 Pork shoulders, Brisket and 2 racks of Baby Backs!

Started by buc21jrs3, April 26, 2013, 04:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buc21jrs3

Hello to all,

I'm planning on a large smoke for a group in 2 days. I have an original Bradley Smoker and want the best advice for knocking out 2 Pork Shoulders (7lbs a piece), Brisket (3.5 lbs) and two racks of Baby Back Ribs (3.5 lbs each). Today is Friday and I have already marinated, seasoned and wrapped the meat for a 24 hr min and placed in the refrigerator. I am wanting to begin serving around 5pm on Sunday so I plan on starting sooner than later late tomorrow to let it take its time.

Anyone have experience knocking out this much meat at once by starting with the Pork Shoulders then adding Brisket and Ribs later in the process? How about the smoking the Shoulders then reintroducing a smoke for the brisket and Ribs with the Shoulders still in the smoker? Will that be to much smoke overkill for the Shoulders?

Thanks for any recommendations!

James

GusRobin

the shoulders could take as long as 14- 20 hrs depending on how stubborn the pig was. I always do the pork a day ahead of time as it re-heats very well and that is one thing less to worry about. You could put it in the smoker, and remove after the smoke is done and put in the oven. That frees up your Bradley as the ribs and brisket should be quicker than the pork. I have never done a brisket that small so I couldn't give you input on that.
The baby backs I would do 2.5 -2-1 method (2.5 hrs smoke; 2 hrs in foil, and 1 hr or until done unfoiled.) So start about 5.5 hrs before eating time.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

beefmann

id smoke smoke the pork  and an hour in the smoker after the smoking process has  completed  then into a pair of crock pots  with apple juice or cider and go for pulled pork . then start up again  with the brisket on top, and ribs in the middle box temp at 225  till the rib meat has pulled back 1/2 to 3/4 inch from the  end of the bone... then lather up with yuor favorite bbq sauce FTC and with the brisket take to 195 for  pulled brisket ... and pull  and add some apple cider...

hope this  helps

you  can also cook ahead of time and reheat in crock pots or  equivalent.

buc21jrs3

Great advice guys, thanks so much!

Anyone smoke in their garage when your in the middle of a rainstorm for several days?

GusRobin

I haven't but many have and I am sure you will hear from them soon.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.