Digital or Original?

Started by Rob in WA, May 11, 2006, 02:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suds

Smoker arrived today (4 rack digital)!  I ran a quick test (basically seasoning the smoker) the smoke timer worked great.  Temperature set to 150F (empty smoker) the temperature peaked at 185F and then settled and remained steady at 158F with the vent open.  I've got my salmon in the brine and looking foward to smoking it tomorrow.

Does anyone have a good recipe for smoked turkey or chicken breast?

I will let you know how the salmon turns out.

Cheers,

Suds :)

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Suds on May 31, 2006, 02:32:55 PM
Smoker arrived today (4 rack digital)!  I ran a quick test (basically seasoning the smoker) the smoke timer worked great.  Temperature set to 150F (empty smoker) the temperature peaked at 185F and then settled and remained steady at 158F with the vent open.  I've got my salmon in the brine and looking foward to smoking it tomorrow.

Does anyone have a good recipe for smoked turkey or chicken breast?

I will let you know how the salmon turns out.

Cheers,

Suds :)

Welcome to the forum Suds. Have you tried searching the Members Recipe Site http://www.susanminor.org

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Suds

I smoked my salmon today and I am really pleased with the Bradley digital smoker.  The weather conditions were 70F very light wind and overcast with ocassional light rain.  I set the temperature for 150F and over the 4 hour period the temperature fluctuated between 150-162 with the vent partially opened.  I smoked three full size fillets.  Compared to my old True North smoker the Bradley is a cadilac.  I am looking forward to smoking a brisket, chicken and turkey.  I would have posted some pictures but my daughter borrowed my digital camera. :)

Cheers,

Suds