Not a good start

Started by major0069, May 10, 2013, 06:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

major0069

I seasoned the smoker (which worked perfect) as per manual, and the past weekend had friends over to show of the new smoker. Started to pre heat the burner and heat up the unit after 20min the burner did not heat up? I checked the forum and found the burner was open? I called Customer service on Monday morning and expected to get a replacemnet this week so I could smoke this weeknd but they sent it by truck! So a week/half later I should get it.

KyNola

I'm sure you did all of the right things but just in case, did you check the power jumper cable that runs from the smoke generator to the tower to insure it was firmly plugged in at both ends?  Sometimes it needs to be really firmly pushed in to make good contact.  One other thing you might want to check.  Remove the smoke generator from the tower and turn the SG upside down.  Remove the 8 perimeter screws (don't remove the screws in the middle).  The SG will now open clamshell fashion.  Check all of the connections in there to make sure one hasn't jostled loose.

Might get you up and smoking again.

major0069

I completely removed the burner and checked with my meter and it was open.
Thanks

KyNola

Let me make sure we are both on the same page.  Are you referring to the heating element in the tower or the smoke generator burner plate?

major0069

The biscuit burner plate

KyNola

Did you check the connections in the SG?