Author Topic: Goose on the BPS  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Fowl Dog 85

Goose on the BPS
« on: May 27, 2013, 01:42:10 pm »
Just got this the other day and I couldn't wait to put it to use.  The first meat from my freezer to experience the smokey inferno was some goose that I had shot this last season in PA.  I've made a lot of goose recipes but kept this one simple.  Salt and peppered both sides of each breast and put them on a rack.  Using hickory briquettes I gave em the good news for two and a half hours at around 235-245 degrees.  Of course I was a little suspect about how they would cook but when I tried that first piece I told myself that I'll never make goose any other way again.  What an awesome turnout for my very first time.  Now all I have to do is control my excitement and not smoking my entire freezer all in one day. 

Look here beavers, hide your wives hide your husbands and hey both of ya hide your kids cause we're comin'! ~ Si Robertson

If it flys it dies...if it sits it dies too.

Offline ragweed

Re: Goose on the BPS
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 03:08:03 pm »
Happy, happy, happy.  Looking forward to more smoked wild stuff from you!

Offline Fowl Dog 85

Goose on the BPS
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 03:51:26 pm »
Everybody happy happy happy.  I think I'm gonna smoke some venison next.  Lookin through my freezer and decided that its gonna be Bambi next. 
Look here beavers, hide your wives hide your husbands and hey both of ya hide your kids cause we're comin'! ~ Si Robertson

Offline KyNola

• Moderation Team
  • KCBS CBJ
Re: Goose on the BPS
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 07:36:31 pm »
Very very nice job. :)

Offline Fowl Dog 85

Goose on the BPS
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 07:03:19 am »
Thank you.  Not bad for my first time.  I've been bitten by the smoke bug.