Will the Digital Smoke Generator Control an Original Bradley??

Started by punchlock, June 05, 2013, 07:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

punchlock

I have a friend with an original Bradley smoker, and I own the digital. I now run my digital with the use of the PID which negates the use of the digital generator. Can I swap out the digital for the original? Will my digital unit control his smoker? What would have to be done to get it to work? Has anyone tried this...

Thanks in advance, Punch.

KyNola

Alanfromwis

It could be done, BUT you would have to (1) rewire the cabinet to connect heating element direct to connector on rear of cabinet with the line side through the heat sensor & bypassing the slider control. (2) Install A heat sensor like what is in the digital and it's wiring, cable from oven to controller, and connector. Can be done, but a lot of work.
And if ever you added a 2nd element or a 900 watt finned element, a PID would need to be added as the digital controller will not handle the extra wattage.
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

punchlock

I guess I will just leave things as they are; thanks for the quick response guys...

Habanero Smoker

If you do a search a member did convert a digital generator to control his OBS. The reason I remember; I told him it couldn't be done, but he did it. To me it seemed like more work than it was worth, but he did get it done.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)