Family event + bad luck = bradley for sale

Started by hercules, May 16, 2006, 05:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hercules

Hey all, Well Mother's day weekend we had the whole family over (around 25 people) and of course Friday when I get ready to start the ole Bradley up, the heating element goes out. Well, instead of ordering 10 pizzas I went and bought a cookshack smoker locally   :-[ It did the job , but now I must recoup some money for it (OK my wife is making me I wanted to keep both). To make a long story short I was going to list my bradley and accessories on ebay, but thought I would post here and see if anyone was interested first.  Heres what I have.....
original bradley(not stainless steel)
I have an extra smoke generator also that the plate doesn't heat up, but the puck advancer works. (It was broke when I got it)
guru/raptor that works perfectly, gonna miss it  :'(
2 bubba pucks,
smoker cover,
bubba sausage rack,
4 extra jerky racks,
extra V shaped drip tray and extra bottom drip tray
a hundred or so pucks

If anyone is interested let me know. I might just sell the stuff seperate if need be. I live in North Alabama.
I'll just post on ebay if nobody speaks up....

By the way, hope ya'll don't mind, but I'm still gonna hang out here for all smoking advice  ;)

Habanero Smoker

The Raptor/Guru should work with your Cook Shack. If I were you I would check that out, and if it works with the CS I would keep that.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

QuoteBy the way, hope ya'll don't mind, but I'm still gonna hang out here for all smoking advice 
Hey at the end of the day we are all food smokers under the sun. Have you given any thought to as what went wrong? It could be something as simple as the rehostat went out.. that's like 20 bucks or so.

Nevertheless, as far as I'm concerned (remember I'm just a member here)  no matter what unit you own you are welcome here.

Good luck with your sale.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

Hi hercules,

Mmmmm........ I think you need to convince your better half you really need to keep both, pehaps point out that you need contingency for the next time you have 25 friends or family around and the embarrassment  :-[ if the same thing happened a second time and the CS packed up. And possibly all for the sake of a $20 heater element or something else  that is cheap to fix for the BS?!

If that argument fails then some plain grovelling and creeping often works!! :-[ and I am sure the CS would make a good reserve smoker! :D

Couple that with telling her no one her on the forum would bid more than a few $'s for the whole outfit (hercules needs some help here folks!!??), there were no takers on ebay for a broken unit (needs a suitable reserve price here! ;)) and you should be home and dry!! ::)

Joking apart, sorry to hear about your problem with the BS and I hope there are some takers here on the forum. Can't see anyone would have an issue with you staying around on the forum, the more the merrier. ;D
Manxman

iceman

Herc; I usually go around kicking dirt and complaining and just a side or two of a real good whining and it seems to work. You could always toss in a mumble something to do with going bear hunting (inside joke with Kummok). Anyhow hope things work out for you. Good luck and keep on posting! ;)

icerat4

hercules

;D Thanks for all the advice, but we've been married so long she knows all my tricks.
Icerat, thanks for the reply but I think if I sell just the box I'm afraid It would be nearly impossible to sell the rest of the stuff to the average person.

MallardWacker

OH NO...NOT one of them there cookshack's!!!!  What is the world coming to, is the end near?

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

icerat4

ok how much for the whole set up.if you want you can pm me.

nsxbill

Interested in smoke generator for parts.  How much?

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

hercules

Well good news from me, after one final call the patio store I bought the cookshack from agreed to take it back. Whole issue was it was a floor model with no 30 day guarantee, but they honored one anyway. I think I may have agreed to buy a new patio set, not sure...... :o

manxman

Ah, but does your better half want the patio set?! ;)

Glad it has worked out OK for you and you get to keep the BS. Any news on what went wrong with it, was it the heating element itself?
Manxman

hercules

Yep. Maybe Kirk carries them, have to go check. FYI, the cookshack makes excellent meat also, but it was double the price of the BS.

MallardWacker

Quote from: hercules on May 18, 2006, 05:20:03 PM
Well good news from me, after one final call the patio store I bought the cookshack from agreed to take it back....

Somebody give this guy something...You are the man.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...