Chuck and Sauce

Started by GusRobin, June 09, 2013, 09:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Saw a number of posts on pulled chuckie so thought it would be something good to do today.

Started out cold smoking a 3lb chuck.

After the 2 hr cold smoke, rubbed with a simple ground pepper, paprika, and salt rub. Threw in the Bradley at 225* and another hr of smoke.

When it hit IT of 145*, I pulled it, put in a foil pan on a bed of chopped onions and peppers. I was going to wait until it hit 200* and make pulled chuck but it was getting late so I decided to pull at 185* and do sliced beef. I wasn't disappointed.

So while it was cooking I decided to make some sauce. I decided to experiment with a mixture of different recipes I had. Started out chopping some onions, jalapeno, habanero and sweet peppers.

Mixed in all the other ingredients and made 2 versions, 1 with the pepper sauce mixed in and 1 with more of a sweet taste.

Altogether made 5 1/2 qts, and I pressure canned 4 1/2.

Everything came out great, but the sauce needs a little tweaking. But I'll wait a bit, it usually tastes better after sitting a bit.

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Tenpoint5

The sauce looks interesting Gus. If it ever stops raining up here. I have several jalapeno and habenaro pepper plants started and will be looking for sauce recipes. When they start producing peppers.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

beefmann

TedEbear

That looks absolutely perfect and cooked all the way through.  Makes me wish I was having something more than this granola bar for lunch right now. 

BAM1

Sauce looks killer Gus.  Looks like some pretty good heat?
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

GusRobin

Quote from: BAM1 on June 10, 2013, 09:52:32 AM
Sauce looks killer Gus.  Looks like some pretty good heat?

not that much, that was one of my disappointments. But I made a small batch, so soon I can experiment again.

iceman

Good looking sauce (and roast) Gus.
I'm going to have to get with you when I get back in town for a how to lesson on the sauce.  ;D

GusRobin

Quote from: iceman on June 11, 2013, 08:57:26 AM
I'm going to have to get with you when I get back in town for a how to lesson on the sauce.  ;D
Yeah right, pull my chain.

iceman

Quote from: GusRobin on June 11, 2013, 09:51:43 AM

No chain pulling buddy I need a good pepper sauce recipe to have with that there filly miginono meat and cabinet savijauno wine stuff  ;D

GusRobin

Quote from: iceman on June 11, 2013, 01:30:20 PM
Quote from: GusRobin on June 11, 2013, 09:51:43 AM

No chain pulling buddy I need a good pepper sauce recipe to have with that there filly miginono meat and cabinet savijauno wine stuff  ;D
Says the king of sauce making