Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ka Honu

SWMBO won't let me use the smoker till we eat some of the "backlog" in the freezer.  Looks like I'll have to "make do" over the next few days with a smoked mushroom & cheese omelet or two, brisket and/or pulled pork (with nepas' Carolina sauce), maybe some of cowgirl's Chipotle slaw, and some pinto beans with Tasso.  It's not easy being me, but it does leave more time for pub crawling before the fireworks downtown on Friday and again before sailing off Waikiki to watch more fireworks on Saturday.

Oldman

Quote from: Ka Honu on July 02, 2009, 06:56:53 PM
SWMBO won't let me use the smoker till we eat some of the "backlog" in the freezer.  Looks like I'll have to "make do" over the next few days with a smoked mushroom & cheese omelet or two, brisket and/or pulled pork (with nepas' Carolina sauce), maybe some of cowgirl's Chipotle slaw, and some pinto beans with Tasso.  It's not easy being me, but it does leave more time for pub crawling before the fireworks downtown on Friday and again before sailing off Waikiki to watch more fireworks on Saturday.
Suffer baby...suffer!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Quote from: Ka Honu on July 02, 2009, 06:56:53 PM

I hear ya Old's. Some guys just have to suffer for the rest of us. Me, I'll just stay in Prudhoe Bay and let it snow again  :(

Ka Honu

Somehow I don't detect the proper note of sympathy. I actually don't detect any note of sympathy.

pensrock

QuoteI actually don't detect any note of sympathy.

That is correct.  ;D

Ka Honu

You people obviously don't understand the pressure of living in paradise and being paid reasonably big bucks not to work.  It's a heavy burden - luckily I'm up to the challenge.

pensrock

I guess some one has to do it.  ???
;) Take it easy so you do not strain yourself.  ;D

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Up In Smoke

Quote from: Ka Honu on July 03, 2009, 01:00:55 PM
You people obviously don't understand the pressure of living in paradise and being paid reasonably big bucks not to work.  It's a heavy burden - luckily I'm up to the challenge.
If you need an assistant i guess i could help just a little. ::)
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Ka Honu

Putting a mini-gazebo together and still working off the freezer backlog, but the cheese from last month has now "cured" so we're unveiling tomorrow at a friend's "Tamale Day" party. 

Next week, though, I get to play again!  Still got four corned beef flats from the big St. Patty's Day sale - gonna make two of them into pastrami.  And (and not a small "and"), I get to do the smoked prime rib with bourbon spray!  I'm looking forward to that (as is probably every human and canine in the neighborhood).

C'mon over, UIS - should be ready to smoke Wednesday or Thursday which will give you time to get over your jet lag and buy the beer.

Carter

Doing a little of Kummok's Hot Smoked Salmon this weekend.  Just took it out of the brine this morning.  It's air drying now to be put into the smoker tomorrow.  Hope the weather stays.

Haven't done much smokin' this summer so stepping off the treadmill this weekend is nice.

Carter

FLBentRider

I found a 3lb bag of raw almonds in the pantry. I tossed them in the smoker for 4 hours of Hickory.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Gizmo

Just a few things for me.  10 lbs of jerky.  Sockeye salmon (Kummok style), and some Pork Brisket with HuhWhataLiar trial rub.   
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Up In Smoke

Quote from: Gizmo on July 19, 2009, 02:18:27 PM
Just a few things for me.  10 lbs of jerky.  Sockeye salmon (Kummok style), and some Pork Brisket with HuhWhataLiar trial rub.   
HuhWhataLiar???
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Gizmo

Looks like I added an a in his member name.  Correction huhwhatliar.  :D

He just had a post the other day.  Been a member for quite a while.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/