Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo

Here is the fixin's from Huh.

The little known Pork Brisket.

Over night seasoned.

1 hour of Alder and 1 additional hour of heat.  IT reached about 150 in the smoker.
Tossed onto a charcoal grill for a few minutes to finish the IT and give it a little more color.

10 minute rest and then a bias cut.  Very juicy inside and the rub was great.  Huhwhatliar mentioned it was better on beef than pork so I can't wait to give this a run on a real brisket.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Smokin Soon

Had some Tocino [Filipino Bacon] soaking for 5 days and gave it some Maple in the Bradley and finished in the Treager.

Throw in some Brats and wings!

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Ka Honu

Tocino is sort of sweet Philippino pork slices, usually cured for several days with anise, annatto (like achiote), water, salt, and sugar, and then boiled or fried.  Traditionally eaten with eggs & fried rice.  Smoked would make it better.

And for the record - two pastrami flats in the smoker now, adding a rib roast (beef) rubbed in salt, pepper & bourbon in about an hour.  The pastrami should be ready by Saturday or Sunday; the rib roast is for a friend's birthday dinner tonight (after an appetizer course of ABTs and 'Shroom bombs done in TBE).

FLBentRider

A Saturday morning trip to Sams club.

Briskets were over $3/pound... Beef roast less than that. Picked up a 13 pound beef roast and a couple of chickens.

Chickens are dinner tonight.

Beef roast will be tomorrow. I plan on smoking with 3 hours of Oak and into a 200F convection oven until an IT of 130F

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: FLBentRider on July 25, 2009, 12:05:06 PM
A Saturday morning trip to Sams club.

Briskets were over $3/pound... Beef roast less than that. Picked up a 13 pound beef roast and a couple of chickens.

Chickens are dinner tonight.

Beef roast will be tomorrow. I plan on smoking with 3 hours of Oak and into a 200F convection oven until an IT of 130F

Hey FLB, guess Sam's pricing is all over the place. Picked a brisket up there on Thursday for 1.99 lb. Just came out of the oven and is FTCing right now. Smoked it 4 hrs 40 min with oak and then boated overnight at 210 to an IT of 180. Checked it with a fork and think it could be pulled real easy. Total cooking time of 21 hrs for a 12 lb brisket.
HawkeyeSmokes

FLBentRider

You have to watch them. I have seen mixed up price tags on pork loins... I make them weigh it again sometimes. They had one labeled as a nine pound that was lighter than the 7lb I had in the other hand. Turns out it was 7 pounds too.

I really did not get the impression they were intentionally trying to rip me off, I think the tags got mixed up and someone walked out with a 9 pounder at the 7 pound price.

The beef roast was $1.98.lb.. as I recall the brisket was $3.68.. I can get a USDA Prime Angus brisket from my butcher for $3.99/lb.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Up In Smoke

decided just to tinker today and snack instead of a big run.
did a tray of moink balls and decided to cut up some sausage and wrap with bacon
just to see how it did.

and six chicken legs that will be chicken salad tuesday.

after 2 hours and 15 minutes between 225 and 250 degrees
i used 1 hour and 40 minutes of apple.

i did not top the moinks with anything because i am going to make a scorching ranch for dipping.
nothing special but i thought i would share anyway.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

mikecorn.1

Mike

Smokin Soon

A buddy stopped buy to check out my Treager, so I did a quick demo with some Bacon wrapped Sea Scallops.

Probably another sale for Y&P!

Smokin Soon

Treager Smoked Chops & Eggs. It just doesn't get any better than this!

mikeradio

I am going to try some lox this weekend, it is a holiday weekend here in Canada, I will post some pics as I am making it.
I hope the hot weather we are having wont affect my cold smoke.  I have made some nice size ice blocks to help
keep the temperature low.

Mike

smokeitall

Got some Pork Bellies started curing today.  Here is a pic of the cure and the two slabs of heaven  :)

They will get about 8 days in the fridge, flipped once per day and juices re-distributed.  I will post some pics of the finished product.

I usually throw in some maple syrup but I am going to try some some plain old hickory smoked bacon this time.
SIA

Tenpoint5

Quote from: smokeitall on July 30, 2009, 06:19:48 PM
Got some Pork Bellies started curing today.  Here is a pic of the cure and the two slabs of heaven  :)

They will get about 8 days in the fridge, flipped once per day and juices re-distributed.  I will post some pics of the finished product.

I usually throw in some maple syrup but I am going to try some some plain old hickory smoked bacon this time.
SIA
Scot if my calculations are right you should be getting mighty low on your belly count. Give me a holler and I will get some ordered for you. Sounds like a road trip for you and Big JT!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!