Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

It held together real well. I just used a long smooth edged knife that I have called a "ham slicer". It looks like a bread knife but with out the serrations.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

smokeitall

Smokin two slabs of bacon right now...(yes 10.5 thats the end of it)...gotta make another trip to Iowa  :D

Also going to try and make 5lbs of brats.  I was going to make mushroom and swiss but I have a hunk of asiago that is just sitting there wanting to get used so mushroom and asiago brats it is.

Hopefully get some time to go hunting also...
SIA

FLBentRider

I just put 21 pounds of pork butt in with the Mr Brown rub and 4 hours of Oak.

They are for the Monday Night football game. I will FTC them and pull them @ the game.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

That's a good size load FLB. I was gonna say that will be good in the chilly parking lot tailgating, but then I remembered you live in Florida and chilly weather is 70*
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

The high today was 96.3F

it is 82.4F as I type this.

under 70F ? Parka weather!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Quarlow

Ok time to get this party started. I have my ribs

all thawed out. And now I am rubbing my meat...I mean I'm applying Jan's rub

Here they are all rub and ready.

Her they are all wrapped and headed for the fridge till 11 am tomorrow.

This is ZigZag and "she wants to know where her share is".
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

ArnieM

Hey Q, make sure ZigZag gets some.  I was cutting up a 9.5 pound boneless pork loin today - six 1 1/4 chops, a big piece for a roast and a smaller (maybe 3 pound) piece for my first Canadian bacon.  The cat (aka Kitchen Shark, my avatar) was all but crawling up my sweat pants.  I had to give her some (store bought) pastrami to calm her down.
-- Arnie

Quarlow

Haa "kitchen shark" I like that one. Actually our cats won't even touch human food. They just have no interest in it they will sniff but then walk right by.

OBS
BBQ

Tenpoint5

AHHH Ribs and Jan's Rub together It's a Beautiful Thing!!!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

OBS
BBQ

HawkeyeSmokes

Way to go there Q. Looks like a feast in the making!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

Quarlow

I think a batch of those syracuse spuds is in order.

OBS
BBQ

ArnieM

I still haven't tried the Syracuse Salt Potatoes.  I asked my wife to pick up some Yukon Golds at the store the other day and she did.  Geez, they're almost the size of baking potatoes.  I guess I'll have to go shopping.
-- Arnie

HawkeyeSmokes

I still need to try those Syracuse taters to. They sound so good!
HawkeyeSmokes