Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

Wow, great price KH!  The cheapest I've seen around here is 2.49 for a flat.  The plain old brisket is 3.99!  Go figure  >:(
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

SnellySmokesEm

I'm smoking a bonless turkey breast for lunch meat and NePas's Carnitas.  On Sunday I'm making Seemore fajitas....  It's gonna be a good weekend.    ;D ;D ;D
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

ArnieM

My first pork belly bacon.  The pork belly I got from the local butcher guy has been drying overnight in the fridge after its maple cure.  It just went into the OBS with maple pucks.  I'll wrap it up in the fridge for a couple of days before attacking it. 
-- Arnie

MPTubbs

This week-end I'm doing 2 pork loins I bought from Sam's club.

1. Portobello Mushroom & Cracked Black Pepper.

2. Italian Style Bruschetta.

If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

ArnieM

-- Arnie

TTNuge

Six pounds of jerky in the smoker now for another 90 minutes, then off to the dehydrator.

Then once the jerky is out there's 2 racks of Spare Ribs ready to go in for dinner tonight.

Then once those are done there's a big old brisket sitting in the fridge ready to go in late tonight so it's ready for dinner tomorrow.  First brisket so I'm hoping it comes out as good as everything else has so far.

Quarlow

Well I did "mock pulled pork". I had bought some "pork shoulders" thinking they were what I wanted but it turned out they are not what you call "pork butt". Up here they seem to be backwards, they call the portion that comes from the shoulder "shoulder" and the portion that comes from the rear "butt" Go figure. I don't know why us Canadians have to be different like that cause it makes perfect sense to call the "shoulder" a "butt" and the other end......you know I don't even know what end is what anymore. :D :D :D So anyway I had these 2 pieces of the wrong end, but I so wanted some "pulled pork" that I said to hell with it and slather them with CYM and Jan's rub overnight and then stuck them in the smoker for 13 hours.

What came out was a pretty good facsimile of what I think "pulled pork" should be since I have never had it before.

The only problem I had was with my cheap probe thermos, I didn't trust them near the end cause I was getting 2 different readings right beside each other. I should have believed the one I thought was right and it would have stayed in for a couple more hrs but it was still OK. There was a little that was not done around the bone( yes I now know that "pork butt" doesn't have a bone) but I just pulled what I could and the rest will go into the oven in tinfoil for a couple hrs till done. It was by no means raw so it will be fine. As for the rest well it is making some awesome bunwiches. Even My kid that won't eat most meat is "luvin' it". So I am happy with the results. Butt next time I will get the right end of the beast. Now I have a small turkey in there getting 2 hrs of smoke and it will be finished in the "BE" at my brothers birthday tonight.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

MPTubbs

Quote from: ArnieM on March 13, 2010, 08:24:27 AM
Hey MPT, how do you do #1?  Sure sounds good.

Hey Arnie...they were pre marinated and vac sealed. Sam's club sells them.

I put Cabela's Mountain Man Boubon Rub on them and will smoke for 4 hours and pull when IT hits 145*.
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

deb415611

I have a small berkshire pork butt ,  thinking about trying the KyNola's molasses slather on it.  Also, have a (purchased) corned beef soaking that is going to get rubbed up with the Squirts pastrami rub.   Both will go into the smoker tomorrow morning.

Also going to try to find the time to do some almonds & peanuts.

deb415611

It was supposed to rain off & on today.  Late afternoon I decided to do a quick smoke..   cold smoked 6 lbs of almonds for 2 hours then mixed with spices & oil (Charcuterie's Spicy Smoked Almonds).  Here they are all ready for 15 minutes in the oven.....

pensrock

dribron

I gotta a five pound brisket, and am thinking pretty strongly about my wife's persion cat....... BUUUHHaaaa

oakville smoker

20 pounds of side bacon
1 yard bird ( Sat )
Back ribs for Sunday dinner

Dribron:  The cat would be better in the microwave !   :P
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

Smokin Soon

10.5 got me thinkin about "Sheekin Roll Ups" over on the Char-Broil Forum. I forgot all about those things! I looked at the link and says one more time!

gave the breasticles a thorough beating. ["breasticles" copyright goes to 10.5]

Decided this time that the bacon would go inside instead of a wrap, skip the cream cheese and use some nice thick ham steaks instead of thin sliced. More of a wrestling match to roll! Some chopped bacon. a dash of shredded sharp cheddar.

Now I gotta try to rope these thingies up!

Pretty good eats!