Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

Pork tenderloins, done two ways.  Both are currently in a marinade. 

One is in Italian dressing with added garlic.  It will get a bacon wrap.

The other is in a marinade of soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sesame oil.  It will be rolled in toasted sesame seeds.

They will be done with hickory on the Old Smoky because I can get higher temps.

I'll get a post up when they're presentable.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

smokeitall

Got one whole pork loin curing for some Habs Canadian Bacon, cut into three pieces with a total weight of about 7 lbs.  Haven't made this in a while, I can't wait for it to get done.
SIA

DarqMan

I put six racks of baby backs on the Traeger, good stuff!!
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

Quarlow

Quote from: smokeitall on August 29, 2010, 02:30:31 PM
Got one whole pork loin curing for some Habs Canadian Bacon, cut into three pieces with a total weight of about 7 lbs.  Haven't made this in a while, I can't wait for it to get done.
SIA
You will be so glad you did your own. It is way better than any you buy. I made up some 2 weeks ago and then they had some on sale at the grocery store so I bought a small pack to compare. The store bought stuff is still in the fridge. The family won't eat it so I guess I will have to chop it up in eggs to get rid of it.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Quarlow

It's going to busy weekend.  I have 1.2 kg bag of cashews, 2 kgs of almonds, 500gr of spanish peanuts and a bag of pistachio's. I am going to coat the pistachio's with CT. I also have 6 or 7 salmon thawing plus I got a real good deal on boneless inside round roasts from Save-ons so I will be smoking that and then sticking it it the BE. I have a whole chicken too that might get CT'd and BE'd. I may try to fit in either some jerky or the Buffalo sausage I keep talking about making. Good thing this is our Labour day weekend.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

FLBentRider

I've got 12lbs of nuggets in the dehydrator as I type this.

and ~30lbs of pork butt that will go on the MAK Sunday afternoon

2 will get the renowned Mr Brown, 1 Salt lick, and the other a TBD Mojo creation.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

GusRobin

starting friday night, doing two 7.5 butts, a 10 brisket and Sat I'll throw in 2 corned beef briskets to make pastrami. (watching football in between). Monday I 'm doing a 12 lb turkey. Tuesday I go back to work and rest.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

kinyo

Starting a 7# boston butt saturday night for sunday night diner!

Can't wait to see how it will come out.

squirtthecat

I snagged 43 lbs of butts for 79 cents/lb over lunch..   Will put them on the Traeger tonight, and distribute between the office cafeteria, a coworker who's new house is still kitchenless, and another guy who wants to buy a couple 2 pound baggies for his Dad.

Oh, and 2 corned-beef-cheater-pastramis are going in on Sunday.   I still need to thaw, rub them down tonight, and vac seal for 36 hours.

Spice

Just bought my first smokey, going to attempt 20 lbs of pork butt and 10 lbs of chicken breast for our Labor Day weekend party.  Hope everyone comes with an empty stomach. 
The spirit cannot endure the body when overfed, but, if underfed, the body cannot endure the spirit. 
~St Frances de Sales

KyNola

11 pound sirloin round roast, 10 pound Boulder bird and big ol' hunk of bologna.

Bologna I'm getting for free! ;D

FLBentRider

I have 3 racks (9lbs) of baby backs for tomorrow.

15lbs of eye round for jerky nuggets

Rib eyes for supper tonight.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

12 chicken halves get the MAK treatment tomorrow.  Once the word got out, friends are already lining up.  6 are spoken for!  Love doing this stuff to make friends happy.

deb415611

beef short ribs - almost time to take the final pics but here's a preview

Quote from: FLBentRider on September 18, 2010, 11:32:09 AM
I have 3 racks (9lbs) of baby backs for tomorrow.

15lbs of eye round for jerky nuggets

Rib eyes for supper tonight.

that is quite the Sams run you did

Gizmo

Deb,
That marinade looks good enough to take a bath in.   :)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/