Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFT

"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

DarqMan

Nothing here.  Tonight is company Christmas party at Red Rock in OKC on Lake Hefner.  We'll all be decked out in tuxes and formal wear.  Already have ride arranged to and from.  These are always a huge blast!
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

SoCalBuilder

My second brisket and my first shot at almonds. Both turned out great, in spite of me ;D

KevinG

OK, so I'm talking to classicrockgriller on the phone last night. He's quite the character, funny guy, just don't ask him about his wife's boyfriend  ;D. So he tells me I've gotta try Zatarains, felt sorry for the guy so I figured what the heck :D ;D. I know technically this isn't smoked, but it sure looks like smoke when cooking.

Started with the ingredients:
Some hamburger

and some Zatarains

cooked up the hamburger and drained it,

boiled some water and oil and added the Zatarains, and hamburger

See it almost looks like smoke when it's cooking - just moisture though  :-\

ahhh, finally done.

Din din

This stuff sure does make the house smell good when cooking it.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

FLBentRider

The Z is a staple in our pantry.

try the Jambalaya too.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smokin Soon

Habs Canadian ready for the painfull 2 day wait.

Some Filipino style pork on a stick.

A sweet Filipino dinner roll called Pandesal

RFT

Yummmy! My wife saw this and said looks good (she's Filipino) :)

Hmmm. how bout some smoked Adobo.  I may smoke me some chicken legs this weekend and ask her to make me some Adobo chicken with it.
"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

LilSmoker

Wow! i can see from the pics that the standard is still very high on the end results here!

Absolutely superb!
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

brian57

making jerky for the first time but we live in northern bc and it is -15 so not really sure if we doning this right trying to keep temp at 160 smoking for 2 hours then dry for another 3 to 4 if this is right please tell me ty you

harley_davidson

SoCalBuilder

Jerky here too for the first time in the OBS. Hi Mountain seasonings just arrived, now I just gotta go get a hunk of cow ;D

West Coast Kansan

Smofried turkey
PR for about 1.5 hours
a few scallops -

going to have Ham but not smoked (other than what the package says)

going to do jerky for entertainment.

Got grand kids in town... good Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all in the Forum

WCK

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Smokin Soon

Got this idea from a pro on the Char-Broil forum, Mike Stines. Bone in Pork Roast, split and pasted with garlic and spices. Have not decided Bradley or Treager yet, but it is resting.

He trimmed the bones back, I am not that handy. Just gonna go for it. It's a 5 bone roast split and pasted with enough garlic and Herbs 'D Provence to kill a colony of Vampires. Here is his original post.

http://sizzleonthegrill.com/user-forums/index.php?topic=3681.msg35027#msg35027

DarqMan

Quote from: Smokin Soon on January 05, 2011, 08:01:53 PM
Got this idea from a pro on the Char-Broil forum, Mike Stines. Bone in Pork Roast, split and pasted with garlic and spices. Have not decided Bradley or Treager yet, but it is resting.

He trimmed the bones back, I am not that handy. Just gonna go for it. It's a 5 bone roast split and pasted with enough garlic and Herbs 'D Provence to kill a colony of Vampires. Here is his original post.

http://sizzleonthegrill.com/user-forums/index.php?topic=3681.msg35027#msg35027

I can only imagine that turning out fabulous.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

SoCalBuilder

Looks like a rain-free weekend here in SoCal so Saturday is a couple spatchcocked chickens and Sunday is my second batch of beef jerky. I used some of the Hi-Mtn dry cures last time and was impressed, as was everyone who sampled it. I need to perfect my meat procurement procedures though. I have always used London Broil in the past, but would like to find an appropriate roast to cut up. I grabbed some brisket flats that looked good and lean, but I'm a bit embarrassed to say what I paid for them. It'll still beat the $72.00 a lb. that I figured it would cost to buy a name brand at the local market.