Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassman

This weekend I am smoking 2 pork butts & 3 beef chuck roasts. The goal is pulled pork with pulled beef mixed. This is my first attempt at smoking chuck roasts and mixing it with butts but should be fun/intresting. I'll post the results later.
Jack

asa

Quote from: manxman on July 26, 2006, 09:21:45 AM
Well, I have been wanting to try smoking some liver for a while to make smoked liver pate. I love pan fried lambs liver (with onion gravy, new pototoes and vegetables) liver pate etc so it seemed like a good idea at the time. This was my project last weekend.

Perhaps we should have a topic headed "Abject Failures" for people to post too, what a disaster!! :-[
If I had gone down the local harbour and collected a bucket of mud and smoked that the outcome would probably have been more pallitable!!

But did I have fun?....... you betcha! Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say, yes it was a disaster but there was no harm done. Took copious amounts of wine to wash the foul taste away tho!  ;D

As a wise friend once said, "Everything you do should be either a good time, or a good story." Sounds like this falls in the latter category. Thanks for sharing.

So it goes . . . . .
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

oguard

Well this weekend is the birthday of my twin daughters(5 years old).Going to cedar plank some salmon and also some ribs.We are having about 30 people over hopefully there is some ribs left over for work Monday.

Have a great weekend guys ;D ;D!

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

iceman

Quote from: oguard on August 11, 2006, 08:27:06 AM
Well this weekend is the birthday of my twin daughters(5 years old).Going to cedar plank some salmon and also some ribs.We are having about 30 people over hopefully there is some ribs left over for work Monday.

Have a great weekend guys ;D ;D!

Mike
Sounds like a good time is coming Mike. Keep the squirt bottle handy for the cedar plank salmon and have a GREAT time.

pfowl01

Gonna try smoking some summer sausage this weekend. Hi Mountain brand.

iceman

60 pounds of silver salmon filet's getting ready to go in the brine Thursday night. I'm going to kipper these. Then next week it's "Native American Indian Cold Smoked Dehydrated Salmon Strips". ::) :D
Anyhow, I have a couple of briskets I want to make pastrami out of next.
Hab can you give me some of your expertise on this one? Thanks, Patrick

TomG

Quote from: iceman on August 15, 2006, 04:13:21 PM
Then next week it's "Native American Indian Cold Smoked Dehydrated Salmon Strips". ::) :D

Does NACSDISS work ???

robs

Friday night: Snack sticks
Saturday: Smoke leftover boston butt used for snack sticks
Sunday: Brisket

iceman

Quote from: TomG on August 15, 2006, 04:32:59 PM
Then next week it's "Native American Indian Cold Smoked Dehydrated Salmon Strips". ::) :D

Does NACSDISS work ???
We might come up with a new name for the unmentionable salmon yet TomG :D

Habanero Smoker

60 pounds of silver salmon filet's getting ready to go in the brine Thursday night. I'm going to kipper these. Then next week it's "Native American Indian Cold Smoked Dehydrated Salmon Strips". ::) :D
Anyhow, I have a couple of briskets I want to make pastrami out of next.
Hab can you give me some of your expertise on this one? Thanks, Patrick
Here a link to how I make pastrami using Tender Quick

http://susan.rminor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157

After reading the recipe, you can smoke the pastrami fat side up, but for me it comes out too "greasy", because you are only going up to an internal temperature of 165°F. But my sense of being greasy may be moist to others.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TomG

Quote from: iceman link=topic=3263.msg32918#msg32918 date=1155696014

Does NACSDISS work ???
/quote]
We might come up with a new name for the unmentionable salmon yet TomG :D

Yeh, I knew it was stretching; "Native American Cold Smoked Dehydrated Indian Salmon Strips" ???

Your BBQ Sauce rocks  ;D ;D

iceman

Thanks so much for the compliment TomG.

Hab, thanks for the thread. After reading it I think I can pull this off without a hitch. I'm thinking I'm more inclined to follow your direction on the fat side down thing. Maybe flip it half way through.

icerat4

pulled pork.and more ribs.there selling as fast as i can make it.

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: iceman on August 16, 2006, 08:40:40 AM
Thanks so much for the compliment TomG.

Hab, thanks for the thread. After reading it I think I can pull this off without a hitch. I'm thinking I'm more inclined to follow your direction on the fat side down thing. Maybe flip it half way through.
Like me know what you think. I'm always looking to tweak recipes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

begolf25

Doin about 20 lbs. of pork butt Fri. & Sat. for my Fantasy Football draft next weekend.  Might throw on a brisket flat on Sunday since I was very happy with how my first one turned out.