Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRH

2 Boston Butt roasts (They came with a net over them no bones so I figured the string is to hold all the pieces together) going on later today for tomorrow night.

Mark

IKnowWood

Did a Smoked chicken Roaster on Friday for some Shreaded Smoked Chicken.  Yum that wa good.  Then on Monday I will be doing another Fab Meatloaf. 

Its great to be able to Smoke anytime.   It was interesting Smoking on Friday with 15 to 20 MPH blowing Sheets of Rain and knowing I was just fine.  Even the two mild power flickers did not bother the smoker or timer at all with my TS switching to the Generator and Heat Box.  The chicken was taking to long before we needed to shread (I messed up starting the puck burner at the wrong time and had a lower heat temp) and popped it in the Oven at 350 for a few minutes to finished to where i wanted.

I lightly rubbed it with "Buquet Garni" and "Galena chiceken & Turkey Rub" before smoking.  That aroma was nice.  Penzy, lovely once again.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

jimguy

Wednesday I smoked some hamburger and made the blue cheese stuffed burgers. I thought they were good, wife is in love.

Today were journeyed to the big city, the nearest meat counter is 120 miles away, where I bought some nice meaty beef back ribs, a brisket, sea scallops, chicken wings and a pork loin. Now the tough part starts, which to do first.  ???

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: jimguy on September 08, 2006, 08:02:28 PM
Wednesday I smoked some hamburger and made the blue cheese stuffed burgers. I thought they were good, wife is in love.

Today were journeyed to the big city, the nearest meat counter is 120 miles away, where I bought some nice meaty beef back ribs, a brisket, sea scallops, chicken wings and a pork loin. Now the tough part starts, which to do first.  ???

jimguy,

Obviously, you need to have a beer and think about it. Easy first step.... :D

Arcs_n_Sparks

bubbagump

Quote from: Arcs_n_Sparks on September 09, 2006, 06:59:24 AM
Quote from: jimguy on September 08, 2006, 08:02:28 PM

jimguy,

Obviously, you need to have a beer and think about it. Easy first step.... :D

Arcs_n_Sparks

Love it.....well said!   :D  :D

Bubbagump

pfowl01

Got a 9.2lb brisket going right now. Rubbed down with cow lick rub and giving it 4hrs of smoke(3hr 20mn hickory and 40mn mesq.) Have a good weekend everyone ;D

jimguy

I had a beer to think about it,  then another,  then,,    Saturday morn I had such a headache,,,   so by noon, time was dwindling away,   the wings were the quickest choice. I did the Jimmy Kimmel recipe and used Iceman's sauce.

Wife and I thought they were great but to get an honest opinion, we took a plate to out local pub. The plate was gone in less than 30 seconds.

I have mentioned I am a wuss when it comes to hot spicy stuff, so i did not add the hot sauce to the marinade.  using Ice's sauce that has a touch of habenro was just right for me and for the folks at the bar

The only problem is the bartender is looking at me with lust in her eyes

whitetailfan

Another smoker full of Jerky

Whitetail pieces, cross cut from the hind.  Hi-Mtn Cracked pepper and garlic...maybe some original if the doe has a say in it...
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

asa

Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

icerat4

Funny this weekend is an off one.So this will be the frist time in 8 weeks im NOT going to smoke something.Na ill find something.Ill probley do habs loin deal.Ok guys have a great weekend.GOOD NIGHT JOHN BOY.Lol ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

asa

4# beef salami,
8# Canadian bacon,
15# butt for chopped Q,
a venison roast delivered to the fridge today by a friend who went hunting last week,
(and a partridge in a pear tree.)

So it goes!
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
     And

coyote

ASA , That's what I call livin' large my friend . I'm headed out in just about 5 hrs to try to harvest a big
smoker doe. Good to see you enjoy High Speed Beef.

Coyote

Habanero Smoker

Sunday I will be smoking a couple of whole red snappers. They weigh 1.5-2 pounds a piece. One will be rubbed with a jerk paste, the other Asian style.

I haven't done any ribs in a while, so I have three slabs. Again, one slab will be jerked, one Asian style, and the other KC style.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

asa

Quote from: coyote on November 03, 2006, 09:16:29 PM
ASA , That's what I call livin' large my friend . I'm headed out in just about 5 hrs to try to harvest a big
smoker doe. Good to see you enjoy High Speed Beef.

Coyote
Coyote -
I do but I'm open to smoking/cooking suggestions. Last time 4 hours of smoke was way too much. This time, I've just cold-smoked it for 90 min (after marinating overnight), then cooled it for cooking later in the week. Plan is to blast at 450-475 deg or so for a short time so that it is crusty well-done on the outside and still med-rare on the inside. (that's the way my friend likes to do 'em). And the best venison I've ever had was last winter at a party when it was cooked that way and rare on the inside. On the other hand, looking at recipes on the net finds a number that say to cook to very well done. I would guess that health concerns lie beneath some of this. How do you cook/smoke roasts?
     And

Gizmo

Shot a wedding on Saturday, had the Charger game today (that was too close for a supposed blow out), grilled up some stuffed flanks and threw a large hunk of pancetta and a large chunk of capicola in the smoker for a 4 hour cold smoke.  Don't know how it will turn out but it will be interesting.  Chef friend of mind asked me to put the smoke on the meat.  Should make some awesome sandwitches and additives to other meals if it comes out like I hope.  Starting a cure on 15# of pork belly tonight as well.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/