Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Nice job Gizmo. I'll be for trying that one soon. :P :)

Gizmo

Found out that you can get what you want.  The first attempt was slightly more salty than I wanted (Tender Quick cure).  This batch has no salt flavor at all.  Nada.  I actually sprinkle a little on while cooking.  Would like to test it to see if there is any salt content at all.  Could be the new "non-salt" bacon for those that can't have salt in their diet.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

icerat4

Well guys im going to do ribs and meatloaf .Go BEARS.

Just another weekend with the smoker...

LilSmoker

I'm planning on hot and cold smoked salmon, and ribs of course  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Tiny Tim

My original plan was to not smoke last weekend and do some smoked Buffalo Wings for Sunday, but I decided the chicken rolls sounded good last week, so I did them, and now I'm chickening out of trying to smoke in 5 degree weather.  Besides, my Maverick hasn't shown up yet.

Consiglieri

Mustard slathered pork butt, with a sweet/spicy rub going into the dbs tonight at 6.  Bisquette choice is up in the air, but will probably be some sweet wood (apple/maple/pecan and/or cherry) 3:1 with hickory.  Last time I tried the overnighter, I managed to oversleep and missed the oven timer cutoff.  Spent the better part of the next day trying to restore the butt's IT, but it was still ready for a 7 pm dinner.

This time, I'll either switch to the inside oven after 4 hours of smoke, or reset the dbs oven timer at the inevitable 3 am bathroom trip.  Cheers to you all and hope you enjoy the game!
Consiglieri

West Coast Kansan

Gizmo made me do this belly. . . thanks Gizmo. Forgot pictures till late. Was about 12 lbs total.

Did half with cold smoke only and sliced regular for B'fast. Other half with a nice sprinkle of rub got the cold smoke and additional hour of smoke plus heat to an IT of 140.  Smells are overwhelming good. Sliced this half about the length of a slice of bread. 

Cooked real nice for Bfast and seasoned type at noon for BLT.  Will add some to the Ham and Bean soup that is about to start soaking.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Mr Walleye

:P  :P  :P  :'(  :'(  :'(

Looks excellent WCK!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

coyote

Oh Yea  :D Looks great WCK . Here it is , way after midnight and I just got hungry again . Mabey
we should blame this on Gizmo  ::) lol

Coyote

LilSmoker

That looks very tasty WCK, i'm sure i can actually smell how good it is  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Wildcat

Quote from: LilSmoker on February 04, 2007, 12:07:20 AM
That looks very tasty WCK, i'm sure i can actually smell how good it is  ;)

Same here! ;)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

headgames

n-n-n-n-not  s-s-s-s-mokin this weekend .. h-h-h-had  -20F last n-n-n-ight ....... is  t-t-t-twelve belowF right now mid  d-d-d-ay .  afraid my generator in the g-g-g-g-arage would strip  the gears in the m-m-m-m-otor ..............  pulled a pork shoulder for mid week from the f-f-f-f-reezer . will bring my generator in the house the day before my smoke .  GO  COLTS  37-24 with the bears missing a  field goal and 2 interceptions  ;D either way will be a great game

btw. n-n-n-ice  bacon
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Alas, I am responsible for something.  Looking good WCK.

Well just a light day for the super bowl.  Had a couple friends from work over (OWRSTRICH and WCK, sorry you couldn't make it over).

Saturday's Cold Smoke: Dinosaur Bones (long beef ribs) for half time.  Wings (buffalo style) for pregame.  The stew meat, sausage, home made bacon (not shown), peppers and onion, are along for the ride as they will be going into the Smoke House, Fire Roasted Chili hitting the pot Monday night.  Cold smoked for 3 hours, Dinosaur Bones went back in the fridge over night and then Hot Smoked (2  hours of smoke -Alder) and then 1 more hour of heat, FTC until half-time.
Vegtables hit the red hot grill this morning and then a run through the chopper.  Stew meat received a smaller cubing and then got a new treatment of seasoning before hitting a hot pan on the cook top to brown and blend with the sausage (grilled last night with a Bourbon Tri-Tip) and bacon.

Now below I must warn you this next picture is very risque so you may need to look away.  I must say (any folks don't get jealous) this little lady is VERY WELL STACKED.  Sorry if I offend anyone.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

With food !!!!!

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

coyote

I agree Giz :o and very well dressed  8).............Looks great...and once again , I'm up late , looking
at the forum and gettin' hungry...............Thanks Gizmo  :D

Coyote