Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gafala

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

tsquared

That looks good Gafala! What kind of salmon? I didn't do any smoking this weekend (I was busy putting the boat to bed for the winter) but I took a platter of cold smoked slices and a bowl of strips to a dinner party where they disappeared like....smoke!
T2

Gafala

Quote from: tsquared on November 04, 2013, 07:14:44 AM
That looks good Gafala! What kind of salmon? I didn't do any smoking this weekend (I was busy putting the boat to bed for the winter) but I took a platter of cold smoked slices and a bowl of strips to a dinner party where they disappeared like....smoke!
T2

They were Keta, they turned out great one disappeared last night.  ;) :)
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

FLBentRider

I've got six racks of baby backs going on the MAK.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

TedEbear

I just finished making some smoked deviled eggs for our New Year's Eve celebration. 45 minutes of cherry wood, some bacon bits and paprika sprinkled on top. I can post the specific recipe if anyone wants it.  They're about 1/2 gone already but I snapped this pic before everyone started in on them.   :)

Sith Misfit

It's a holiday weekend in the UK so I've been playing with my new toy a bit... yesterday this turned into this and then into this .

Today, I've just put these in and will be doing the 3 2 1 method for my first time... .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Quarlow

Quote from: TedEbear on December 31, 2013, 05:14:28 PM
I just finished making some smoked deviled eggs for our New Year's Eve celebration. 45 minutes of cherry wood, some bacon bits and paprika sprinkled on top. I can post the specific recipe if anyone wants it.  They're about 1/2 gone already but I snapped this pic before everyone started in on them.   :)

Try Smoked Paprika on those. Awesome.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

cadmentr

Hi there:  I'm having a BBQ this Friday night, and I'll be doing a 10 lb full Pork Shoulder, cracklin's included.

I'll be taking Thursday and Friday off this week as we'll be having a long weekend, so I get 5 days off. Yippee, more time to play with my new toy.

So far what I've done has been to rave reviews from everyone who has eaten anything, so really looking forward to Friday and the Smoked Pork.

:)

iceman

Sounds like a good time cadmentr. Snap a few pics and share with us if you get time. Have fun.  :)

TedEbear

We're having some friends over from way out of town (they are just now heading into winter back home) and I thought I'd let them try some slow smoked things.  There will be about 12 people total. No pics yet of the actual goings-on, since I haven't started smoking it, but here's the list.  I hope I can coordinate it all so everything gets done on time.  The only wild card is the brisket.  I've never attempted preparing this many different things at the same time.

Juicy Grilled Brats (13)
Baby back ribs (3 slabs)
Whole brisket (7 lbs)
The Once and Future Beans (probably making a double batch - the recipe serves 6)

WoodlawnSmoker

Got a couple of whole chickens in the Bradley right now, found a great sale. Smoked Chicken leftovers are the best.  Got a whole beef tenderloin that I'll cut in half and smoke the half tomorrow, I'll do the picture thing then.

My boss just asked me if I could smoke a meal for a department get-together later this summer for about 15- 20 people.  I said sure even though I haven't prepared that much before.  Think I'll do a big ol' ham and a couple of chickens with some atomic buffalo turds and smoked cheese for appetizers.  Others can do the salads, bread, etc.

WoodlawnSmoker

Smoked tenderloin and fresh, smoke-roasted asparagus is on the menu for this evening.

Quarlow

Going to a BBQ tonite. Got two 2.5 kg pork butts in the oven. Don't even have time to do them in the Bradley.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Sniper-T

I am hoping to do a ba-bee-andou-goo-rouse.

That doesn't quite roll off the tongue like turducken.  :(

basically, I am going to take some Canada goose tenders, layered with peppers and rough grouse breasts...
Then I'm going to wrap that in andoulie sausage meat (no casings) and spinach...
Then I'm going to wrap that in lean ground beef...
Then I'm going to wrap that in a bacon weave!

I'll be adding different herbs and spices along the way, and probably whatever else falls out of the fridge while I'm putting it together.

I'll try to remember to snap a few pics along the way.