Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Quote from: Tiny Tim on February 12, 2007, 12:29:33 PM
Also, just got a lead on some "limping pork", so I might get hooked up on some cheap smokin' meat.
Is that what they call it just before it's  "Squeeling Pork" which is just after it comes up lame with a hurt hoofer? :D ;D
Seriously though (not really to serious) what is that TT?

Tiny Tim

The guy next door to where I work has a nephew with some hog confinements.  When a hog breaks a bone while loading, they gotta shoot it, so somebody usually gets some nice cheap meat (only cost is processing).  He now knows we're interested.

So, I guess to answer your question, limping pork is my term for a hog with a broken bone, about to suffer a gunshot wound. :D

iceman

That reminds me of Larry when he called the vet and told him his sisters horse was limping and the vet told him to shoot the horse. So later he called the vet back and said the horse was now limping on two legs and was really mad, what do I do now? :D ;D

LilSmoker

Quote from: iceman on February 12, 2007, 01:19:58 PM
That reminds me of Larry when he called the vet and told him his sisters horse was limping and the vet told him to shoot the horse. So later he called the vet back and said the horse was now limping on two legs and was really mad, what do I do now? :D ;D

Hahaha!  ;D ;D ;D thanks iceman now i messed up my keyboard again!  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Arcs_n_Sparks

TT,

Very nice. How much did it weigh and how long to get to 170 internal temp?

Arcs_n_Sparks

Tiny Tim

The turkey breast roll, right (since I haven't gotten my paws on the hog yet)?  I think it was about a 3#, although it's almost gone already...after 2 sammiches and little sampling.  Took 5 hours and 20 minutes, with me adjusting the temp each time I went out, somewhere between 200 and 260.  (saw 260, turned it down, then saw 200 and turned it up, etc.)

Wildcat

:D It does take a little while to get aquainted with the BS.  I believe that about 3/4 slider position will get you around the 180 - 210 F range, at least it does for me here in northern Florida with about 50 - 65 F outside temp. ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Tiny Tim

Didn't help that my ambient temp was changing too.  Started at 40, and as I went, it dropped to 33.  Full on at 40, I had a box temp of 260, according to the dial on the door of the box.  I think eventually, I'll look into the PID thing, but for now I'll be happy if I hit a home run like Sundays on about every 3rd or 4th smoke.:D

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

MRH

Got 2 -3.5 lbs each butt roast I will be putting in the smoker here shortly for tomorrow night.  Here is a pic one has Icemans rub and the other is rubbed using Emerrils essence spice mix that he lists with some of his recipes online.

Mark

coyote

Those are some fine lookin' butts MRH  ;D....And WCK if that was in my house.........I would be the one

caught  with a hand in the cookie jar. ::)

Coyote

Wildcat

Quote from: coyote on February 17, 2007, 03:12:19 PM
Those are some fine lookin' butts MRH  ;D....And WCK if that was in my house.........I would be the one

caught  with a hand in the cookie jar. ::)

Coyote

What he said! ;)

MRH

Thanks guys on the butt comments.... Although it does make me a little nervous,  you know guys that think my butts are nice ::)
Here is the finished product, its now waiting in a crock pot keeping warm until supper. ;D

Mark

Wildcat

LilSmoker

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes