Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

I didn't have my camera at home, so I didn't get pics, but I did do some food this weekend.  Made some pulled pork, that although I didn't smoke it, turned out awesome, and a pound and a half of Jerky (that I did smoke).  The jerky interfered with my race watching a little bit, but not bad as I went out during commercials.

Neighbor brought over a piece of deer meat that I'm gonna do when I do my dried beef as soon as my order from Curley's Sausage gets here...maybe tomorrow (the order...another 10-14 days until it can be smoked/dried).

Wildcat

Quote from: MRH on February 19, 2007, 06:36:31 AM
Wow !! Lots of good looking food here the last few posts ;D

Mark

What he said! :o

Looks so good that I can imagine the smell even without the scratch-n-sniff! ::)

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

outlander

heres the batch of beef and venison jerky i did up today.( after i got the wife away from it)  lol

West Coast Kansan

Looks good outlander,  :)Now i understand why you are always making jerky.  :P Those results wont last long...

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Outlander, that left tray looks a little lighter than the right.  Some sampling I suspect? :D  Is the left beef and the right venison?  Or is it a mix?

Tiny, Use the DVR, rewind, pause or what what ever needs.  I forgot about the start time, had it recorded but caught the last 20 laps so didn't need to rewind and watch from the beginning.  Smokin is a little distracting.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Tiny Tim

I did DVR it...paid off too, as I just got back from one of my checks and saw cars scattered all over the place.  Backed up to see what happened during the next commercial, and all was good. :D

whitetailfan

3.5 lbs of deer jerky.  Hi-Mtn cracked pepper and garlic.  2 plus hrs hickory.  About 3 to 4 total cook time.  It was great...mad I forgot to pack some for work today.
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

outlander

the tray on right was mostly the venison. hence the darker colour. smoked for about 4 hours

owrstrich

i started 4 9lb pig arses at 11am... the arses were 43deg... the bs was 73deg... 5hrs of oak...

at 8hrs i dumped the spent pucks... filled with fresh water... rotated top to bottom... front to back...

after 21hrs at 200deg average the bottom butt hit 190... next at 23hrs... next at 24hrs... next at 25hrs...

pulled and vaulted and into zip locks for lunches... all but 1 arse... i gave it to the hotel staff vaulted with some chris n pitts sauce stired in... all i got to say... i dont know what the he11 they were saying... but i know what they were meaning... teeth ear to ear... for most... some were gum ear to ear...

anyway... no photos of the finished arses... but here is one laoded up... the water pan with 17rs of goo... and the v tray with 25hrs of goo...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

LilSmoker

Wow owrstrich, that was a long haul session indeed  ;)

My BS is doing overtime this weekend, as i got some visitors coming tommorow. Went to the butchers this morning, got a nice pork shoulder/butt that's in the BS right now, 6 racks of baby backs rubbed and ready to go in the morning, 2 chickens brined ready for the morning, and 2 large briskets for more pastrami later in the week. :o

My BS is doing overtime, and now i'll be doing the same to pay for all this meat! :o

Hopefully pics tommorow................LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

owrstrich

thats the way to do it lil... fill r up... get r done...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Gizmo

Now I'm ashamed.  Only doin 2 racks of Dino Bones tomorrow.  You guys ROCK>.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

I could like stop by and like wash your truck or something  :D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Wildcat

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on February 24, 2007, 05:56:55 PM
I could like stop by and like wash your truck or something  :D

I'll clean up the goo for ya! ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes