Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

LS

My mouth is waterin looking at your screamin good food. Well done LS  ;D

nepas

LimeKiller

Ok, I've been lurking all over this forum for a couple weeks and finally broke down and purchased an OBS.  Yup, you've talked me into it.  Hope it shows up by the weekend so I can go see the local butcher instead of looking at tasty pics posted all over this forum.  Your killing me here...
I love anything that turns money into noise.

Mr Walleye

Welcome Limekiller

You'll be smokin' treats in no time!

Good Luck

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Arcs_n_Sparks

LimeKiller,

Welcome to the forum; the heat and smoke are fine here.    :o

As Mr. Walleye points out, you'll be a hero in no time. Just be sure to share your successes and post those pics. Others need to drool as well.   :D :D :D

Arcs_n_Sparks

coyote

Welcome Limekiller ,
                         You're among friends , here in the smokin' section.
                                                             Hope you'll be smokin' soon,
                                                                                      Coyote :)

Wildcat

Welcome aboard Limekiller!  If you like smoked food you will not regret the purchase.  Be sure to get a good grill as well (charcoal IMHO) to finish off things like chicken with the skin on. :)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

Hi and welcome LimeKiller, congrats on your OBS purchase, you can look forward to lot's of delicious food, and having fun cooking it!  ;)

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

iceman

Howdy LimeKiller. Yer in fer some fun and food. Get ready for a new life style. Like Ann says "Your living in a world of BS now". :D ;D :)

LimeKiller

I started over a year ago looking for something a little easier than the homemade, log eating double barrel monster I brought to life about 4 years ago (hey, it does a darn good rib and butt).  Bradley caught my attention in a cabelas catalog and with a lot of reasearch and such, I decided to do the OSB. 

Will I modify?  You bet.  I've already got my first modification ordered and the smoker hasn't arrived.  I popped on Ebay and found a "Beatles" sticker to proudly put right on the front of the new smoker.  I'm sure your wondering...and I'll fill you in.  I sold an old Beatles Lunch Box on Ebay that I've had since I was a little kid, wasn't doing me a darn bit of good and the thing sold at just enough to have a NEW smoker delivered to my door.  So this little sticker is my tribute to the old lunchbox, and may the new box make my pants smaller.
I love anything that turns money into noise.

Tiny Tim

Wildcat

Don't know about the pants being smaller, but they will eventually be tighter. ;D ;D

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

NePaSmoKer

Welcome Limekiller

Ditto on what everyone else has said. And have fun smokin  ;D

nepas

icerat4

I am doing 8 of these.Aint mommas meatloaf anymore.Check out these.

SMOKE AND SPICE'S "AIN'T YOUR MOMMA'S MEATLOAF" I give them 100% of the credit.  Here is the recipe.  I used pecan and have used maple, but I am spoiled and can't get away from either of these.
I used an aluminum cheapo throw away pan to start it in and then just cut the end on each side, fold down the end and slide the meatloaf onto the jerky racks so that I don't worry it will break apart because of its own weight.  Just the way I do it, you can experiment!!
I don't saute my onions and the other things they say to do. I am lazy and it tastes fine to me.  But, just in case you have to follow to a T, take a T of veg. oil and saute all the ingredients up to the ground beef.
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 green or red bell pepper finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 t freshly ground black pepper
1 t coarse salt, either kosher or sea salt
1/2 t ground cumin
1 1/4 pounds of ground beef
1/4 pound of ground pork
1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
3 T sour cream
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1 large egg
1/4 cup stock, preferably beef
1 t Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce to taste

Put smoker to 200 degrees. Mix everything together and make into a mound and put into a smoke-proof pan.  Smoke it for about 45 minutes (I think this is to firm it up so it won't break apart on a rack) and then transfer it to your rack and then cook it for another 1 1/2. 
Now, I never get off that easy with the time, so, I just put the probe in it and cooked until it was between 160-165 degrees.  AND, because I hate food poisoning, I probe it several different places before I pull it out.
I do a rack of bacon above it to keep it moist.  Your preference though.
Allow it to sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
They say to apply the bbq sauce with 30 minutes left to go on top of the meat loaf.  I DIDN'T do that with either of the loaves I did and they were fantastic.  I guess I didn't read that far down.
Have at it boys!!

These are unbeliveable.Give it a try put a lil mash potatoes and icemans bbq sauce with it .Then life is soooo good.I just love this one and just had to bring it up again.Any question just ask ive done 50-100 of these and never a problem just compliments.RATOUT. ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Wildcat

Looks real good Icerat! :)  You are doing 8 of these?  :o Do you still have my address? ::) ;)