Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Kansan

Eye of round jerky / maybe another gun fighter chicken??? AZ kids here will see.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

PigOut

I have a Big Butt !! But the wife says  I have no butt at all.

Its 8.5# , any Ideas of cooktime for this puppy at a cab temp of 200?

Skip

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!

LilSmoker

Lovely pic of your butt PigOut :o ;D ;)

I would say you'll be looking at  10-12 hours maybe longer? to get the butt to 190 IT + FTC all depends on conditions etc, anyway looks a lovely cut of meat you have there  ;)

I've got 6 racks of ribs in the BS atm, got 2 briskets that will have cured by this evening ready to prepare for pastrami, and got a large turkey crown brinning  ;D

Trouble is, i'm very low on wood, oversight on my part, should just have enough to get through Easter  ;D

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

NePaSmoKer

icerat4

I see that butt is big.Just a lil tip next time when picking out your butt lol.See if you can find a nice heavy fat top cap.I see that one is half and half.Butts with a nice full fat cap are really nice and seem to work a bit better when cooking the fat melts more even when driping down the sides and around the butt..Just my 3 cents worth.I do like the size and the marble look.Good luck

Just another weekend with the smoker...

LilSmoker

That's interesting that you mentioned this Rat, as i was going to ask if all butts are sold this way on your side of the pond?
In the u.k. they usually come with the fat and rind still in place, i have done some with the rind left on, i had to heavily score the rind, but the finished job was very moist and tender. The last few i've done, i've removed the rind as this limits how much rub can be applied, but i leave a nice thick fat cap, and they're delicious! ;)

Anyway from my local butcher this is typical of how a shoulder/butt would be bought from him:

LilSmoker

NePaSmoKer

Got my butt sealed and ready for smoke on sunday.
My son called me from Afgn, His buddy asks him if my wife sends your dad some $$ for some of that gm jerky would he make it for me. I told my son dont take no $$ from him, Tell him its in procces for him, from me to him.  ;D

The Lancaster strawberry wheat is fer me  ;D

nepas

Mr Walleye

Nice Butt!  ;D

I did two 4 to 5 lbers a couple of weeks ago with a tower temp of 200 and it took about 21 hours to reach 195.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

PigOut

I like more of a fatcap too but they only had 2 there. This one was the best. A liitle bacon above it should help out plus I can munch on the bacon.

PigOut

NePaSmoKer

PigOut

Hey Nepa,
  Do you boat your butts after they hit 160 ?  Anybody ?

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

I love doing the overnighters, waking up to the smell of smoked pork mmmm!

PigOut, i always leave my butts in the BS until IT hits 190, then it's FTC for at least 2 hours  ;)

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: PigOut on April 07, 2007, 11:59:47 AM
Hey Nepa,
  Do you boat your butts after they hit 160 ?  Anybody ?

I have before but found that if i inject good enough i dont have to. I inject with apple cider.
BTW i'm using the rub you sent me on my butt  ;D

nepas