Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

PigOut

Niiiice !  I need some more on the pig candy . Is this candied bacon ?

Skip

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!

hillbillysmoker

I do my pig candy by simply pressing each side of a bacon slice into brown sugar and then letting the heat of the smoker turn it into a glaze. I also prefer the thick slice bacon for this.  Some people use maple sugar for this while others use maple syrup, so it is, in my opinion, a try various options thing to see what you like best.  Hope this helps.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

PigOut

hillbillysmoker

Hi Pigout,  I should have said in the first place.  I use raw, uncooked, thick sliced bacon and let the bacon cook in the smoker and absorb the smoke as well.

Bill

PigOut

NePaSmoKer

That looks fantastic hillbillysmoker, them fatties look awsome.   mmmmmmm  mmmmmmmm good ;D

nepas

cingnut

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on April 15, 2007, 03:02:19 PM
That looks fantastic hillbillysmoker, them fatties look awsome.   mmmmmmm  mmmmmmmm good ;D

nepas

Tell me about the Fatties...  I know what they are, but how do you eat it?  Slice it up, crumble, what?

Also, what IT do you look for when you cook one?

hillbillysmoker

You can slice the fatties, crumple them for omelettes or gravey, mix them in dishes for flavoring, and about anything else you can think of.  That is the beauty of them...straight Jimmy Dean sausage rolls from the store, smoked with whatever else you have, and adaptable to about all of your needs.  I do an internal temp of 160. I have, however, learned that you need to smoke to suit individual tastes. I think 4 pucks of maple is perfect, but that is just my opinion.  Keep in mind the worth of my opinion.  My opinion and $1.00 will buy a senior coffee at McDonald's but don't leave your dollar behind....lol  Hope this helps

coyote

Good stuff Hillbilly , I'm gonna give that a whirl.........Bacon , Brownsugar , Smoke...I can feel the love
already. 8)
                                                                                  Coyote

ps. Looks like the southern part our state is armpit deep in water....Mountaineers are Tuff.

LilSmoker

Well gang............. again!

Let's get those BS's heated up and ready to go!

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Tiny Tim

"Buckboard Bacon" loin tomorrow morning/afternoon and maybe a butt or 2 overnight Saturday night to take along to Kansas Next weekend.

West Coast Kansan

TT your headed to the center of the universe this weekend  ;D . Where bouts  ???

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

acords

I'm trying something a little different with the brisket I'm doing this weekend.  I cold smoked it for about 2 hours Thursday after work.  I wrapped in plastic and put in the refrigerator.  Put it in the smoker this morning.  It sure had a nice smoky smell to it.  I threw couple of racks of BB's in with it.  Hopefully it comes out OK.
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

cingnut

Quote from: hillbillysmoker on April 15, 2007, 12:36:12 PM
Hi Pigout,  I should have said in the first place.  I use raw, uncooked, thick sliced bacon and let the bacon cook in the smoker and absorb the smoke as well.

Bill

But where do you stick the internal temp probe??!!  LOL

Seriously, how long does it take to cook a typical rack full?  Seems inefficiant to keep opening the door and checking, do you have a rough cook time?