Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

Yeah, I was having the same kind of problem.  Thanks though.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

MWS

I'm making an applewood smoked meatloaf with homemade tomato/red pepper relish. I also made meatballs from the same recipe which I will put in my spaghetti sauce for dinner guests tonight (meatloaf will be for tomorrows dinner). The smoked meatballs really adds to the flavour of the sauce.

Here is the meatloaf recipe if anyone is interested. It's by far my favourite..
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_33621,00.html

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Wildcat

Looking good mws!  I am going to do the meat loaf next, if I can just manage to stay home one night for dinner.  So far our schedule calls for eating out every night.  Getting kinda of tired eating sub-standard chow.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

MWS;

Your meatloaf does look good. Thanks for the link. I'm going to use the tomato relish on the meatloaf recipe I use.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

West Coast Kansan

mws, thanks for posting this... great looking adaption.  Always amazed at what can be done with meatloaf.  Would never have seen this otherwise.  8)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

MRH

I have the Ain't Yo Mommas meatloaf in right now, doing a double batch. Can't wait to try it after all the rave reviews ;D First time to try it.

Mark

LilSmoker

That looks great mws!, the relish sounds lovely too!
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

MWS

The spaghetti with smoked meatballs was fantastic. I will definitely be trying that one again. Wish I took pics but was too busy serving up the guests and didn't want them thinking I was some weirdo snapping photo's of dinner.  ;) ;D

Tonight, the meatloaf will be heated and served with the tomato relish.....can't wait.
Mike 

hillbillysmoker

Looks great mws.  Meatloaf was part of my weekend smoke also.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

MWS

Dad's meatloaf (tomato relish) with parmesan oven fries and peas.....good stuff... my new favorite meatloaf recipe.

Mike 

LilSmoker

Oooh! that looks lovely mws!, i saved the recipe you posted, so i'll be giving it a try for sure!
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

outlander

heres a pic of the load of pemeal bacon/regular bacon i did up last weekend.

25 lbs of each with the finger food leftovers on bottom rack

chris

Habanero Smoker

How did the peameal Canadian bacon turn out. I was always afraid to smoke peameal, because I felt that the cornmeal would absorb too much of the smoke.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

outlander

the peameal stuff turned out great,,it doesn't seem to take in the smoke as much as the regular did, or atlest it seem's that way to the wife and i. almost like the corn meal acted as a barrier to the smoke. and i smoked with out heat for aprox 4 hours,then smoke/cook till internals came up.(4-5 hours )

chris

NePaSmoKer

Hey outlander

What kind of smoker cabinet is that you are using. Homemade metal cab or bought.

Thanks

nepas