Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWS

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

iceman

Quote from: Oldman on August 01, 2007, 04:09:44 PM
Ah... I just got done with a 62 year old hot smokin' wife...  ;D hehe hhe sorry all but at my age I don't have time to figure out the "nice" ways of saying YAHOO~~!
Geez Olds "YAHOO" works for me for being nice. Smoke on buddy!!!

Tiny Tim

Smoked a 4# butt Saturday night into Sunday.  23.5 hours...and still pulled it lower than what I was going for.  Did the smoke at 210 according to my PID, but the temp at my Maverick probe was only 200-202, 4" above the PID probe.  Shootin' for 190, but got to 186.  Didn't have any foil at home either, but when I picked up the butt, it broke anyway, so I just put it in a dish and pulled it, then hit it with some Iceman's Sauce cut with a little Cookies' BBQ sauce.  Vac sealed in the fridge right now, and will be having it for lunches this week.

I also managed to get some Sweet Corn bagged and into the freezer, one batch done, and 2 to go.

Consiglieri

Visitors from out of town this weekend, so pork butt is on the menu. :)

One will probably your typical pulled pork.  I liked the carnitas experiment, so I'll probably prepare the other one for chilorio carnitas.

Cheers!
Consiglieri

Tiny Tim

At the moment, I'm not planning to be smokin' anything this weekend, but may pick up a project at the grocery store to do if I decide against going fishin' in 100 degree weather.  Also might try to put together an offset box for cold smoking since Dad wants me to make some Cold Smoked Salmon for him to take to Wine Club sometime.

Consiglieri

TT: Make sure he brings back some wine samplers that paired well with the salmon. ;)
Consiglieri

Tiny Tim

I don't do much wine drinking...maybe a glass of Riesling once in a while, but that's about it.  Prefer beer or a liquor/pop mixed drink.  Found out he wanted it done this weekend to take next weekend, but I couldn't find a suitable fillet last night.  Asked the guy at the meat counter how fresh the one in there was and he said it was there the last time he worked and that was 3 days before.  May have worked for hot smoked, but I wasn't gonna chance that one on a cold smoked that was going to be eaten by people besides me.

Kell

I'm in for 2 pork shoulders for pulled pork at the office on Monday.  Also will make my first batch of ABT's w/ them.  I'm also planning some of the hot smoked salmon "Kummock Style" next weekend.  Geez, I haven't smoked in a year and have missed all the great smoked foods.

Oldman

Well I fixed the cat again... He is BACK~~!

What to Smoke....What to Smoke

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

I did part of my weekend smoking today. I have a picnic shoulder, and brisket in the smoker now. Tomorrow I'll be smoking 12 pounds of bacon (pork bellies), eggplant and onions.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Tiny Tim

Thought sure you were gonna comment on the "fixed" part of that, WC. lol ;D  I know I was going to, but for once couldn't come up with anything appropriate. :P

acords

I'm trying ABT's for the first time today.  They are a real pain in the butt to put together.  Chuck roast for pulled beef on Sunday.
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

MWS

It's Mom-In-law's 80th birthday, so I'm going to do apple-wood smoked pork tenderloin with a plum-apple-ginger sauce. I just picked some beautiful yellow beans from the garden to go with it. I'll also make smashed yukon gold potatoes with roasted garlic, savoury carrots and a lemon cucumber and dill salad. Now I just need to pair a good white wine and I'm set.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Consiglieri

MWS:  Had to read your post twice cuz I was looking for the type of beer  you'd be serving or cooking with. And all I saw was wine.  ;)

But if its going to be wine, I like a nice pinot with pork.  Would probably compliment the fruit/ginger spice on the meat too.  Good luck with your meal.
Consiglieri