Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Kansan

I am good all those dates, can meet here, especially good on a Sunday. Would be quite enough to be able to hear. No need to be hurried either.  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

WCK, would Saturday Nov 10 work for you?  Have the season tickets and all the Sunday's O is available are game days.  11th is Colts.  Season tickets and I haven't been to a real home game yet. :'(
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

owrstrich

right on...

i gotts it penciled in...

im wondering if the gizzerdmo will be up to it... after the wedding and all... i bet he is on the salce hard... and the crescendo will be the night before... it takes some recovery time to come off a binge like that...

crazy aint it...

owrstrich

o... i see... getting in on the action while im slacking... the colts... humm... im from indianapolis you know...

we will have plenty of time in 08... i got my new schedule... we are open sat oct 27... sun oct 28... sat nov 10... sun nov 11... sun nov 18... perhaps sat nov 24... perhaps sun nov 25... then gone till jan...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

owrstrich

i aint gotts no photos to prove it... but i got four 8lb porcine arses in the obs right now... i got 4 hours of oak on them right now... getting ready to dump the h20 and rotate the arses and let them go...

gonna shred... vaulted vinegar them... feed the hotel staff at noon tomorrow... then im gonna score 4 flats and fill the freezer with the soul of the cloven hoofed bovine...

crazy aint it...

update...

i gotts to load the box cold... no preheat cause im smoking right under a sprinkler and fire alarm...

so im 4 hours into it and im at 170deg box... well it takes a long time to come up to 200deg with a cold box and cold beast...

so im 8 hours into it and im still at 170deg box... humm... i got glow... pull the v tray to clean and its clear... humm... i decide to leave the v tray out to see what happens... its gone up 10deg in 15 minutes... humm...

here is what i think is going on... i have always used 3 extension cords... 1 for the puck burner... 1 for the box heat element... 1 for the fan...

well... i could only find 2 cords... i gotta have the fan... so im running the burner and the element off 1 cord...

im thinking its not wise to have all that pig goo falling on the element... but i gotts to have box temp... humm...

crazy aint it...

update...

smoking below 190deg is dehydrating... smoking 200deg + is cooking... so i had to do something... so i fetched another extension cord... i use big fat but short cords... im there now... put v pan back in... no more dehydrating... lucky the porcine arse is forgiving...

extension cords are marginal at best...

crazy aint it...

update...

bottom arse done at the 16.5 hour mark... the maverick was cherping at 4am... it fell apart and i vaulted it... the bottom hit 190deg and the next to the bottom is only at 181deg...

craqzy aint it...

update...

last 2 arses out at the 23 hour mark...

then 1 4lb corned flat for lazy mans pastrami on the top...

then 1 4lb corned flat for lazy mans pastrami on the next to top...

then 1 12lb serloin tip roast on the bottom for poor mans tri tip sandwiches... no one will know...

back to back smokes and my fridge and freezer will be full of the flesh of the cloven hoofed beasts of the family farm... i will make them proud to have given their souls for mankind...

crazy aint it...

owrstrich

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: owrstrich on October 18, 2007, 12:57:13 PM
crazy aint it...

Yes. Rod Serling wll be contacting you shortly.........   :D

Arcs_n_Sparks

owrstrich

saturday november 10th is good... when you iowans figure it out... im all ears...

did you know that rod serling was from iowa...

now its all making sense...

crazy aint it...

owrstrich

Habanero Smoker

Rod Sterling is a New Yorker, born and raised. If you are a fan of Sterling, you will notice he will often locate and mention towns and cities he had grown up in or are near by.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Gizmo

Quote from: La Quinta on October 19, 2007, 10:15:12 PM
GO BOLTS!!!!

La Quinta,
If you and the better half are up to a trip on Nov 10th, let us know.   :)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

coyote

I'll be watching for ya'll on TV............. ;D

Coyote

West Coast Kansan

San Diego continues to "smoke" - about a quarter million people are evacuated from thier homes.  We are still ok with just a vol. evacuations in my area.  Huge amounts of smoke but can be coped with as long as house is shut up and you keep the blower on the furnace running for a little filtration.

Gizmo has been evacuated since Monday at 1:00.  His house is still ok but the house on his street toward the top of the hill is gone. Well actually it and a couple hundred others are falling from the sky and being blown out to the ocean now. He is currently checking out of a high dollar hotel room in downtown SD and will likely go to some friends home in Point Loma.

It is interesting situation with so many fires and such a large area effected.  We all have options on where to go but many of the options are temporary because the situation with the fire changes so rapidly.

Continues to be an exciting time.

WCK

Mr Walleye

Holy crap guys! Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

iceman

Best of luck to all of you down there. BE CAREFUL !!!!! If there's any doubt get the heck out of there while you still can. Man I hate fires.