Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Tomarrow 1 full brisket and 3 boston butts. Also bacon and onion for my candiezed baked beens.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Carter

If you top that off with a couple of cold beers and a swim in the Gulf, that's my idea of a perfect day.

Carter

Smoking Duck

Well, it's almost 2 am, should have the boston butt in the smoker in about 5 minutes.  Decided to get a head start on the weekend activities; hope to pull it off about 2 pm, FTC for 4 hours and bring the weekend in on a great note.  Pln on doing a bunch of cheese the rest of the weekend for holiday parties.  Now, where's my beer................................................ ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Smoking Duck

Allright............8 hours later, it seems the pork has plateud at 158.  Damn, the plateau  ;D  Although it does leave a little extra time for beer.  Smoker is right at 210 and I've got 32* before I pull it.  If I can get the pork off at a reasonable time today, I just may get started on some cheddar and colby jack.  Ahhhhhhhh, it's a good day for sure!

Mr Walleye

Sounds like things are right on schedule!  ;)

What time is supper at?  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

What time can ya be here?   :D

I'm hoping it will be done around 2 pm or so, then FTC for 3-4 hours, then it's go time!

I think I'm starting to get over the hump with the plateau.  Pork just kicked up to 160*.  I swear the waiting is the worst part.  I know it's worth it, but I really want to tear into the pork like a rabid dog!

TxSmoker

Quote from: Oldman on December 13, 2007, 08:48:58 AM
Also bacon and onion for my candiezed baked beens.
Those beans are the BOMB!  After the first time I made them for a family gathering, it is now the requested item of choice!
I did 2 turkeys this weekend and they turned out wonderful, probably the best I have ever had anywhere.
Steve

HCT

To start the new year off right I have 2 pork loins going in the box tomorrow for canadian bacon then on thursday I'll start my triple smoked bacon in the box which will be done on saturday, rest for 2 days and then happy new year!!!! :D :D :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

bullhead

smoker is full with deer jerky and another batch for this afternoon is waiting.That will be 10# of jerky smoked today. I'll start brining 30# of fresh bacons today for smoking through new years. The kids are all coming home on saturday and want to take fresh smoked meat home. I'm thinking of smoking 2 ducks for Friday nite's supper if work will let me.

WISHING EVERY ONE A MERRY CHRISTMAS, AND A HAPPY SMOKIN NEW YEAR

iceman

Goofed off yesterday and did a double smoked ham (20 pounds) with a maple sugar mustard glaze. I couldn't stop picking at it all evening long. It was a nice treat for us.

Mr Walleye

There goes another keyboard!

Nice job Ice!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

owrstrich

that looks like a giant sasquatch terd...

and its still steaming... suspicious at the least...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Gizmo

Then I gotta start following him around.  Sure beats following the dog around!
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

coyote

AaaHhhhhhh......The smells of Christmas ! Way to go Iceman.

Coyote