Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

Got a 6 lb brisket in the Bradley now....been going for about 10 hours and I'm at 175.  It keeps inching along slowly but surely.  Hope I can get it out 'fore Momma gets home from work.....she's a beast if supper ain't ready when she gets home  ;D.  I'm contemplating doing some of Kummok's Salmon this weekend.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

tsquared

i have 8 racks of salmon strips in right now, sduck. Can hardly wait til about 9 pm tonight.
T2

Smoking Duck

I envy you T2.  I just can't seem to find any at the store right now that looks good.  I may have to wait until I get some fishing on the big lake (Michigan) until I do some.  Let me know how it comes out.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

tsquared

Kummok strips came out excellent, Sduck. I had the brainwave of weighing the strips when I filled 8 racks so I could take out the right number of fillets from the freezer when I want to do it again. 10.5 to 11lbs fills eight racks sliced about 3/8" thick. I put a mix of dried crushed juniper berries, crushed peppercorns and some dried rosemary on the strips when they were tacky at the drying stage---oh my my, it worked out perfectly--just enough black pepper to make the cold beer taste good. we leave for Mexico tomorrow and I think I'll take a bag of strips to munch on the plane. Have a good weekend!
T2

Consiglieri

Finally uploaded some pictures.  Here's the Christmas prime rib.  Cooked on a roasting rack in a roasting pan, on the grill with hickory chips.  Bottle of red and beef broth in the pan.  Finished on the grill to get some more crust.  rubbed with two envelopes of lipton onion soup mix, about a palm's worth of Italian seasoning, about 10-12 garlic cloves, 1T of dry mustard, some evoo, and 1T fresh ground pepper (all combined in a food processor).  No leftovers.

Consiglieri

La Quinta

HOLY COW :) That looks amazing!!! We gotta do it...hubby is a prime rib guy from way back!! Congrats Consigs!!!

West Coast Kansan

Well done in North CA! Have a 3 bone PR and a Ham going through the motions for tomorrow. Habs, Pastrami for New Years day finished today. 

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

WCK, we may have to get together again.  You have the PR, Ham and Pastrami.  I have bacon, canadian bacon (both getting pulled and smoked tomorrow), plus another tri-tip.  Maybe La Quinta can fill in with Ribs and pulled pork.  We would have all the major food groups covered.  Well, smoker food groups except for fish and poultry.   :P :P

Please post up your results on the ham.  That is one I haven't done yet.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

I always enjoy sharing the basic food groups with friends.  Will post on the ham.  Will be the first time with a commercial ham.  I am going to follow another HabS posting in response to the question on smoking these hams.

Did you cure your belly bacon?  I had some nice results on the last couple.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

La Quinta

Sure!!! I could do ribs and pulled pork!!! You just lemme know when guys!! Since I'm a fattie fan now...could throw one of those suckers in too!!! :)

Gizmo

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on December 29, 2007, 11:08:31 PM
Did you cure your belly bacon?  I had some nice results on the last couple.

Yup, 1/2 with a honey cure and 1/2 with a standard cure.  The two halves and the pork loin are taking a bath right now.  Getting ready for the smokin party.   8)

Consiglieri

Are you guys really doing it again? I'm crashing, but I'm out of beer. 
Consiglieri

La Quinta

Hey Consigs...just show up...I'm still gonna lobby for here in the desert....geeezzz the weather is fabulous...only gonna get better too!!

Gizmo

If LaQuinta has the big screen we could sure have a super bowl party!

owrstrich

consiglieri...

that is one of the finest chunks of beast i have seen to date...

socalsmokers... you guys are killing me...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...