Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Kansan

yea, we did some ribs too...                               
confirming we used the right rub  :P hard to beat iceman's

quick inspection that everything is covered well

Looks ready to smoke

Just having way too much fun in SoCal today

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

West Coast Kansan

Some time there are big pieces that need to be broken up just a little.

It can be a lot of fun too.

Makes your hands slippery

Ribs  :o

What a great weekend.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

Gizmo

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

winemakers

I would like to request an application for two kids to the FSA.  Of course, I need an address that will allow me to send our dues!!!!!

Annually we will renew our ranger rick, highlights, green wings, and now, FSA.

Mr Walleye

Great pictures WCK!

That's what it's all about! It doesn't get any better!

:D  :D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Consiglieri

WCK: that happy youngster looks about the same age as mine.  He sang some intersting songs this weekend ("Daddy thinks he's gong to paint,"  "I'll cry till daddy knows I mean it," "Mommy's nice, but where's Daddy the Clown?").  We grilled up some chicken for burritos tonight (gas grill, hickory in the smoker box), but I'm jeolous: no Bradley time.

The boy offset those ballads with quite a few smiles and laughs. Off to Sun Valley Idaho this Wednesday (thus, the painting project).  Game will be on the menu. 

Cheers to you all. 
Consiglieri

Gizmo

Finishing the weekend off with 6 lbs of sausage.  Basically using NePa's fatty recipe but added some extra seasoning to it as the test piece was a little light on flavor.  I stuffed it in sheep casings and after drying, have 1 hr 20 min of alder going.  2 lbs had some hunters tang added as well.  It was stuffed into collogen casings so I could identify the two.  The test piece indicates I didn't add enough to make a difference but didn't adjust any
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

bigredsmoker

Just put on 2 yard birds and 12 thighs (for enchiladas later in the week) using Pecan for the first time. A beautiful day here today, 60 and sunny. Been waiting for weather like this for a long time. Time to break out a cold adult beverage and sit outside and keep an eye on the smoker. ;D ;D ;D

iceman

Quote from: bigredsmoker on March 01, 2008, 12:01:45 PM
Just put on 2 yard birds and 12 thighs (for enchiladas later in the week) using Pecan for the first time. A beautiful day here today, 60 and sunny. Been waiting for weather like this for a long time. Time to break out a cold adult beverage and sit outside and keep an eye on the smoker. ;D ;D ;D
Salmon in the smoker. Sunny and 15 degrees. In the smoke house (heated) watching satellite and rum n cokes.
Dang it's nice to have a weekend!!! :D ;D ;)

Consiglieri

Probably some pulled pork, overnight technique (thanks again, Rat), starting Friday.  Family coming to visit and want an incentive for them to come back. ;D
Consiglieri

La Quinta

Iceman...get your butt out to California...bout 80 today and breezy...should be about 71 or 72 at WCK and Gizmos...15 degrees...HOLY CRAP!!!! O should have been the same temp as Giz and WCK...Dude...you need to move!!! :) :) :)

West Coast Kansan

Brisk 69 for a high today. Really energizing until the electric heaters in the seat takes the nip out of the morning commute. 

The breeze off the ocean was pretty damp. Cant say that it was very comfortable finishing my cigar and brandy at the harbor tonight.

Oh well spring is coming...they say warmer tomorrow... finally.

coyote

Once again , Life is true................The Iceman knows cool  8)

Consiglieri

Bone in pork butt, 9#.  Mustard slathered and rubbed (heavily) with a sweet/spicy dry rub.  4 hours, equal parts hickory, apple, pecan.  Can't wait.
Consiglieri

bullhead

Cooking the dutch oven way this weekend. Was asked to do a chocolate cherry cobbler for a boy scout dinner.The last 2 days have been spent reseasoning the ovens. I have been doing dutch oven cooking for 13 years. I Need to try cowboy beans in the dutch oven made with OBS smoked bacon, that will be another weekend.