Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huhwhatliar

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on April 05, 2008, 02:27:40 PM

Is sour orange juice from a particular variety, or is it from unripe oranges, or something totally different?

Habs there are a few oranges in which are bitter or sour. Bergamont or the Seville orange are the most common. If you can't find these types of oranges you can substitute 2 parts orange juice with 1 part lemon juice and 1 part lime juice. 

Domenick
They say home is where family is not......

lcaron

I did my first pulled pork this weekend and it turned out great!

Smoked turkey Legs are next on the list.
I hear using apple juice in the brine produces a great drumstick

La Quinta

We can't get sour oranges out here...but I hear they are plentiful in south Florida and Tampa (kind of the hubs of Cuban cuisine) ...I have done the same thing as huhwhatliar...that mix of citrus' seems to do the trick...let us know how yours comes out...however you're doing it...I respect your food!! :)

Habanero Smoker

Domenick and LaQuinta, thanks for the information. I'm using sweet orange juice, maybe next time I will try the sour oranges. It won't be going into the smoker until tomorrow. I decided to keep it in the brine a full 48 hours which will be over at 7 PM this evening.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

West Coast Kansan

Nice day yesterday. First smoker use since Easter I think.  Did a dozen chicken thighs and 8 ABT's. Made some spicy butt with beans from left over butt.

Gizmo, That white sauce with the peppers is great on chicken. Also used it as a dip for the ABTs. Good snacking day all around  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Yah, the jalepeno white sauce is good on a lot of things.  Glad you like it.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

FLBentRider

I've got 32 lb's of Pork Butt - been in the OBS since 1700 - I will be bringing them to a Church Music Dept Get together tomorrow afternoon.

The speed at which the Pastrami disappeared, I need to do 2 briskets at a time.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

La Quinta

Just pulled out a fatty...stuffed with a whole hot sausage...slit in half...cut some little batons of chedder and threaded on some pickled jalepenos...two more little batons of chedder nestled around the "jalepeno chedder" inside the slit hot sausage...wrapped it up in some Jimmy Dean spicey sausage...wrapped in bacon and smoked for 2.5 hours with maple...this little beauty looks awesome!!! Can anybody say pancakes with Mrs. Butterworth and spicey fatty for breakfast... a little homemade bread for toast... with company!! Oh yeah...life is sweet!!

Habanero Smoker

Planning on making some Chaurice Sausage, and Tabasco flavored semi-dried pepperoni. I don't have Tabasco chile powder so I'm going to try using Tabasco sauce. I sent Tabasco an email asking for the approximate equivalent of Tabasco sauce to 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, but I haven't received a replay (yet!). I'm just going to have to wing it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

West Coast Kansan

Lets us know what you used.  No help from me HabS.  So then, this weekend is a single chicken on a crown... should be tasty though.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

westexasmoker

One rack of beef spare ribs in at 11:00, one cut up chicken and 6 porks chops just now popped in and of course must get started putting the rats together  ;D  Oh and batch of salmon for tommorrow, gonna be a good weekend!!!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

bigredsmoker

6 and an 8lb butts in at 5:00pm with 6 hours of apple/hickory working right now. brined for 2 days, slathered with mustard and then rub.
Going to make some ABT's and some crab stuffed Mushrooms tomorrow, all for my daughter's first communion tomorrow afternoon. Should be a great celebration!! Can't believe my oldest is having her first communion. Time flies.

Consiglieri

A 5lb brisket, massaged with wortscheshire sauce and then rubbed with a blend of garlic salt, brown sugar, black pepper, celery seed, paprika, chili powder and a touch of allspice and thyme  (from the Kirk book).   

Meat stalled out at 142 and has been holding steady.  Applejuice basted.  Probably will be about 11 before it hits target temp.  Looks like brisket lunch tomorrow.
Consiglieri

Mr Walleye

Sounds like a great lunch Consiglieri!

I just got done stuffing 16 lbs of kielbasa, into the smoker tomorrow.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

yul

:) I am trying Kummok,s salmon recipe this week end. Got 12 good size pieces in the brine right now. Put them in at 2:00pm but will have to bring them out at 11:00. I know it's not the 12 hours but I hope it is long enough.  :-\   ;D  ;D
Brian. Montreal.