Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ontrack

Sorry, I don't mean to be cranky, just really tired-had a miserable evening...

Consiglieri

Going to a pig roast.  Porky has been turning for hours now.  Hope the critter doesn't scare the baby. 
Consiglieri

Smoking Duck

Quote from: La Quinta on April 29, 2008, 06:19:16 PM
Ok...thanks...geezzz you're cranky pants...where the hell is smokinduck for some light heartedness...?

Sorry LQ, just saw the post.  Doing some fatties right now with just your basic ingredients.  Took 3 lbs venison burger, 1 pound hamburger and 1 pound bacon.  Ground it all up with some garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, sea salt, sweet hungarian paprika and powdered milk.  Been in the smoke for an hour now at 190 and just turned it up to 220 to finish.

I'm not in a real lighthearted way right now.  If I don't find some work soon, I'm gonna have to start smoking for a living and I just ain't that good at it to make a living.  Hopefully, something comes along soon.  So, I guess I'm Mr. Cranky Pants along with OT.   :(

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

La Quinta

Hey SDuck...don't worry...you're a good guy with a good heart...it'll come...just let it? You have your home back...you have friends/family...we luv ya (although I don't know why) :) and that is a lot more then a lot of people can say in life. Just plug along man...it'll happen...

westexasmoker

Okie Dokie, tonight chicken thigh fijata, along with 6 lbs of beef fijta, and 10  rats almost ready...i still don't know how to work this camera...oh yeah and some tequilla, lime shrimp!!!  Daughter-in-law just popped in, "whens it gonna be ready"...Gotta go...   ;D :) ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Consiglieri

Quote from: Consiglieri on May 03, 2008, 12:00:03 PM
Going to a pig roast.  Porky has been turning for hours now.  Hope the critter doesn't scare the baby. 

The boy made me proud (again):  Kept reaching for everything we all were eating, and was curious about the pig.  Atta boy!

Consiglieri

westexasmoker

Thats a fine looking young'un you've got there!!!  Mine are all grown, so now all I get are grandkids, which is OK by me  ;D  Your's will be a newbie carnivore before ya know it!!!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Gizmo

What's the treament on the pig going to be Consig?  Piggy pit, La Caja China, giant grill?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

A Caja China...sweet...went to friends in Miami years ago...man was that a tasty pig!! :)

Gizmo

If I ever got any friends, and then they wanted to come over and could devour a pig, I'd be all over the La Caja China purchase.  Saw Bobby Flay throw down on a FL. King on the La Caja China.  Looking at the results on that convinced me.  Bobby didn't know how to use it properly and forgot to put the pork ontop of a rack (guess a little light reading would have been in order) and so he didn't get much bark on the outside. 

West Coast Kansan

Very handsome Consig, and the pig looks like it is ok too  ;D Gotta luv it man!

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Smoking Duck

Very good looking son you got there, Consig.  And his eyes seem to say, "Would you get the friggin' binkie outta my mouth, so I can eat some PIG?!?"

Well done, Consig.  Well done.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Consiglieri

Thanks for the nice comments. 

The pig wasn't my work.  I got to be a guest.  The host was a millright for years, but now retired to farming almonds.  In his spare time he does things like weld together towable pig pits.  I think he's my best candidate for building some 6 pack beer can chicken holders. 

I did contribute to the pig project somewhat (Kind of like a rooster contributes to the sun rising): I brought along some of Iceman's sauce.  The pig was spit turned and the cavity was loaded with a pineapple, a jar of honey, and a bunch of other spice.  It was a smaller pig and think that contributed to a juicier, tastier finish.  The pig was carved and served with barbeque sauce.  Iceman has quite a few new fans.  As always, thanks to Ice!
Consiglieri

Gizmo

Feel free to toss up some rollin pig pit pics.  One of these days......

Speaking of almonds, had my first almond stuffed green olive.  Very tasty.  I like the crispyness of the almond.  I like green olives that have a hard texture and not mushy.  The almonds can help with the texture of olive if it is a little on the soft side.  Was buying every brand of garlic stuffed olives out there to see which ones had the most crispy olives and garlic.  Ended up with 2 brands that are more consistenly crisp and 1 brand that I will stay away from and another that I wouldn't go out of my way to get but wouldn't avoid if nothing else was available.

Consiglieri

Making the Cuban Pork Loin recipe posted by HuhWhatLiar; the marinade smells awesome.  An 9lb loin, halved is vacuum sealed in the marinade waiting for Mom's day.  Looking forward to Sunday!
Consiglieri