Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

I have about 2 pounds of pork belly thawing. If it thaws out in time, I plan on making some Smoked Pork Belly (not bacon). Plus about 2 racks of chicken legs.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

I made a batch of sliders tonight, I have 2 yard birds in now. I am going to give them 2 hours of mesquite and finish them in the convection oven.

8 thumbs up on the sliders.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Sliders FTW!!!!  Saturday 4 turkey legs, dozen or so chicken wraps, 4 lb. roast and of course a bunch of rats (abt's), pulling Habs canadian bacon out of the fridge for Sunday's smoke and maybe squeeze in some cheese.  Oh yeah and tonight smoke new york strips and lobster tail, shaping up to be a good weekend!!!   :) :D ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

iceman

Quote from: westexasmoker on May 09, 2008, 09:12:56 AM
Sliders FTW!!!!  Saturday 4 turkey legs, dozen or so chicken wraps, 4 lb. roast and of course a bunch of rats (abt's), pulling Habs canadian bacon out of the fridge for Sunday's smoke and maybe squeeze in some cheese.  Oh yeah and tonight smoke new york strips and lobster tail, shaping up to be a good weekend!!!   :) :D ;D

C

If the flights work out I can make it for dinner.  :D ;D
Sounds like a wondeful weekend is coming. Enjoy westexasmoker.

FLBentRider

I picked up 3.5 lbs of Chilean farm raised "Salmon" at my local grocery store. Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder. Put it in the OBS on MAX with 2 pucks of Apple. 45 minutes later We had an internal temp of 149 and a delicious Dinner, with Polenta on the side.

And a LIIT  ;D

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

oguard

Just pulled vine rippened tomatoes and jalapenos after 4 pucks of hickory for my smokey salsa.Some chinook salmon is getting ready in the fridge for a sunday smoke 3 hrs of alder(indian candy style).Hope everyone has a good one!!

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

FLBentRider

I just put 16lb's of Pork loin in the cure - 1/2 got Habs recipie, the other half MTQ and Brown Sugar.

Also got 12lb's of spare ribs getting the rub. they will get 1 hour of Hickory, then get boated, and put in the oven with a white-wine honey garlic braise.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tiny Tim

Have a couple of pieces of pork loin to start the cure on for Canadian Bacon, putting a turkey breast in a light brine tonight for smoking tomorrow, and thinking about some "Country Style" pork ribs for Sunday night supper.

westexasmoker

Tonight smoked steak and taters.  Saturday Boston Butt (on sale @ .99 a lb), 4 lb rump roast, jalapeno sausage and of course a dozen or so rats!  Sunday another round of habs awesome canadian bacon and maybe some salmon and halibut, a buddy of mine at work brought me some back from his trip to Canada!!
WooHoo!!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

tturaider

Quote from: westexasmoker on May 16, 2008, 05:06:15 PM
Tonight smoked steak and taters.  Saturday Boston Butt (on sale @ .99 a lb), 4 lb rump roast, jalapeno sausage and of course a dozen or so rats!  Sunday another round of habs awesome canadian bacon and maybe some salmon and halibut, a buddy of mine at work brought me some back from his trip to Canada!!
WooHoo!!

westex im working a 48 hr shift till sunday nite so just let me know where and ill come over after I get off of the engine.  haha  ;D
Smoke like your from Texas....use Mesquite

tsquared

Took a 12 lb bone in pork butt to my cousins birthday bbq yesterday--I could have sold 3 smokers right at the bbq. One woman was determined to march down to Canadian Tire the next day and get a smoker!! :D  She asked me what else I do in the Bradley--I told her pulled pork is just a side line--the reason I bought it was to smoke the salmon I caught. Then I told her I started hanging out with the smokers on this forum and caught your evil habits!   :D The rest, as they say, is history...
T2

Smoking Duck

Got two 10 pound butts in the frig covered in rub......also got two loins in the frig for the beginning of their 6 day cure for Habs Canadian Bacon.....probably gonna do a brisket this week as well and while I'm at it, some ABT's......got my brother in law visiting and he's 6'5" and 340 pounds.  It takes a lot to feed him and I sure wouldn't want him angry at me  :D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

FLBentRider

To Smoke this weekend We've got:
16lbs of Habs Canadian Bacon
19lbs of Pork Butt
10lbs of Ground beef for Fattys
7lbs of Jerky
3lbs of Almonds

I see the OBS getting cranked up tomorrow night and shut down sometime Monday...

;D ;D ;D ;D

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

La Quinta

Holy Cow...you guys to some big loads..really great...but how the hell do you eat (or even share) all that?

FLBentRider

The Canadian Bacon will get sliced, vac sealed, frozen - should be a 3 month supply
Pork Butt - I have (more) Family coming over Sunday
Fattys - do you need a reason ?
Jerky - That is our every other week consumption
Almonds - Ditto.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!