Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

Can't wait for Giz to walk me thru the whole jerky thing...honestly...I love to learn...I'm good at the making chit up with stuff...but when it needs a particular cut of meat...or anything else...I get lost...I'm a what's left in the fridge kinda gal...:)

Gizmo

Quote from: FLBentRider on May 22, 2008, 06:32:15 PM

I see the OBS getting cranked up tomorrow night and shut down sometime Monday...

;D ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like another sleepless (almost) weekend for you.  Nice.  That is the type of weekend that gives you a good feeling when you go into work and they ask you, "Did you have a good weekend?".  Then you say, "well didn't get as much sleep, but it was awesome".  When you start the smokin list, you can see the drewl breaking on the corner of their mouth.   :P  :P

LQ, Looking forward to helping you out.  I think once you see a few things, you'll do the wow, that isn't as difficult as I thought.   ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

kool...see ya tomorrow Giz and VA...appreciate the help!!

westexasmoker

Hope everyone has big smoke plans for the weekend, and lets not forget what this holiday is all about!  The menu - tonight steaks, jamacian hot pepper shrimp(Thanks nepas!) and twice baked taters.  Saturday - Country style pork ribs, jalapeno sausage, chicken wraps,and of course rats, baked beans, tater salad and frozen watermelon.  Sunday - Brisket,Brisket,Brisket.  Monday -Collapse!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

FLBentRider

ARRG!

9lb tube of Ground beef from Sams - for Fatty's and Sliders - Was "inflated" - opened it up -  >:( UG! bad meat. it had a date of 5/29/08

Change of plans!

Go back to Sams, return meat, buy more, end up at LongHorn Steakhouse for Dinner.

Fattys and Sliders for Lunch today instead. I also picked up some beef ribs.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

vtx1300r

Smoked my 1st chickens ... two whole chickens!!!!!!!

1st = mandarin sauce with mandarin fruit in cavity.

2nd ... Italian seasonings ... lots of garlic under skin.

5 hours in smoker .... came out great ... moist ... tender ... tasty ...

FLBentRider

The beef ribs were "ok" - they were kind of fatty. It was an experiment.... still better than I have paid for out.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smoking Duck

Well, my brother in law bought a ton of meat, so I'm gonna be smoking some boston butt (13 lbs) and two pork loins.  I also have to sneak my canadian bacon (which will be in its smoke phase tomorrow) in there some time.  Then doing spare ribs on Monday.  Gonna be some long days but the rewards are well worth it.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

FLBentRider

The Canadian Bacon is Done.
The Beef ribs are Done.
The Fatty's are Done. Thanks Nepas for the recipie - I made six pounds, I'm not sure they will last the weekend.
In about 30 minutes the Butts will go in for an overnight smoke.
The jerky will have to wait until tomorrow.
The Almonds are in the brine.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

La Quinta

Hey SD..since that big man can my my brother run away and giggle like you do...what are you guys gonna eat? :)

Smoking Duck

Hey LQ,

Your brother can feel free to giggle like a schoolgirl, if he so desires. 

We're gonna be eating a lot of things....I forgot that I'm also doing your thighs on Monday as well.  I really don't believe that my Bradley will be shut down at all from 5am tomorrow morning until late into the night Monday.

Well, it could be worse.......I could live in the arid desert region of California and not be able to cold smoke  :o :( ;D.

I can say that now without feeling bad for you will soon be full of cheese and all things cold-smoked!

SD

La Quinta

SD...I ate so much smoked cheese today...no dinner man...50 lbs of crawfish...too many beers...I'm whacked...and it's freakin cold here...more beer to warm up....right?

Gizmo

Now for the northerners, LQ's version of 50 layer weather, 9 pairs of socks, thermal insulate unders with gortex outerlayer is anything under 75 degrees.   ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

huhwhatliar

Quote from: Gizmo on May 25, 2008, 01:34:00 AM
Now for the northerners, LQ's version of 50 layer weather, 9 pairs of socks, thermal insulate unders with gortex outerlayer is anything under 75 degrees.   ;D

:D :D :D :D :D
They say home is where family is not......

Smoking Duck

Quote from: La Quinta on May 24, 2008, 07:48:27 PM
SD...I ate so much smoked cheese today...no dinner man...50 lbs of crawfish...too many beers...I'm whacked...and it's freakin cold here...more beer to warm up....right?

Dang, I hope you left some mud bugs for someone else  :o

Someone needs to pass LQ the prune juice.  She's gonna be so stopped up from the cheese that her IT will soon reach 125F if she doesn't move some of that out.  Sorry bout the cold weather, LQ.  At least you're getting a chance to see how the common folk live  :P

I always drink beer to warm up.......then I move on to the hard liquor once I've gotten good and warm........... ;D

I'm sure you're having a blast LQ.  WIth a host like Giz, it'd be your fault if you weren't having fun.