Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Hope everybody has had a good/safe holiday weekend!  Got all of my smoking done, and have plenty of leftovers for tonight, and my small brain has told me I need to be smoking somthing...So scour the fridge and find top sirloin and jalapeno sausage is the only thing I have thawed out...Hmmmm what to do, I've already covered the smoker, pulled the pid and maverick....DaaDaaDaa I'm thinking a batch of fatties, off comes the cover, out goes the pid and maverick.  I think I need therapy  ;D Fatties are a rockin and of course with mesquite!!  Gotta love 3 day weekends!   ;)

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Gizmo

LQ, Did you get your bugs peeled?
I finished mine.  I don't think I have more than 1 layer of skin left on the fingers though.

Started with one round of this.  This was the second round picture.

This will be added for tonights dinner.   :P

Got to find a good recipe for Crawfish Po' Boys next.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

westexasmoker

OMG I love them there crawdaddies...they are dang expensive here!!  If you need to send some away, I'll be more than happy to give you my address!  ::)  Those look awesome!

C

La Quinta

Giz...ate one bag...froze the other....can't really see why that wouldn't work...do you? (I mean the freezing part?)

Gizmo

It will be fine.  I did that last year.  I cleaned them all this year and have 2/3 of them vac packed and in the freezer.  What isn't frozen is in this.

OOOPPPPPs forgot the coyote warning to cover his eyes.   8)

coyote

Giz.....Too late for the warning. Really looks good !!!

Coyote

La Quinta

Yum Giz...looks awesome...I'm hungry again...:) (But like you...my fingers are a leetle tender!!) Had to shell Bob's too...TOLD YA!!! :)

Gizmo

So long as he liked it. ;)
But at least he made the pitcher of coronaritas right?

La Quinta

Not yet...no Corona Light in this house...I'll get some this week...going to a party in "the OC" on Friday night...will make the drink for that crowd...they'll love it...worked with all of them for years and they think I'm smart!!! (Nuff said on that huh!!)

huhwhatliar

Quote from: La Quinta on May 26, 2008, 08:39:31 PM
Not yet...no Corona Light in this house...I'll get some this week...going to a party in "the OC" on Friday night...will make the drink for that crowd...they'll love it...worked with all of them for years and they think I'm smart!!! (Nuff said on that huh!!)

I think you have me confused with Duck ;) .... I would never impugn, assail, make fun of your character   ::) :D ;).....

Domenick
They say home is where family is not......

La Quinta

You can Huh...my friends have no issue with doing that!!! :) I've been told I consistantly leave the door wide open!!! :)

westexasmoker

This weekends menu - tonight probably going out to eat, we got tickets to Jeff Dunham  ;D Saturday - Beef ribs 1.99 lb this week picked up 8 racks, 1 chicken, 2 lbs jalapeno sausage and of course a rack of rats Sunday -  load of Kummok salmon and then the pork ears for the dogs!!  Shaping up to be a good weekend!  WooHoo!  :D

C

Smoking Duck

Quote from: huhwhatliar on May 27, 2008, 02:01:26 AM

I think you have me confused with Duck ;) .... I would never impugn, assail, make fun of your character   ::) :D ;).....

Domenick

How can anybody confuse us?  I'm tall, good-looking with a great sense of humor  :o ;D ;D ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

huhwhatliar

Quote from: Smoking Duck on May 30, 2008, 09:50:40 AM
Quote from: huhwhatliar on May 27, 2008, 02:01:26 AM

Domenick

How can anybody confuse us?  I'm tall, good-looking with a great sense of humor  :o ;D ;D ;D

Giggling Duck, you forgot giggle like a school girl thing you do ;) :D :P

Domenick
They say home is where family is not......

FLBentRider

I've got:
7 lbs of Jerky getting an hour of Hickory and then into the convection oven to dry.
10 lb beef sirloin tip roast that will get 2 hours of Pecan, wrap and then into the fridge - tomorrow it will go in the oven until an IT of 140.
4 lbs of country-style spare ribs

I've been on an archaeological dig through the freezer - most of this stuff is dated  summer 2007. I told the Mrs. I was going to clean out the freezer and smoke all of it. It's amazing what gets pushed behind the pizza....

I've also found some various cuts of venison - anyone got a good rub recipe that complements this ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!