Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

La Quinta

Gizmo Dude...we're you in "my desert"? Please lie and tell me you were in Baker or something? Otherwise I'm gonna have to come down and give you and Ryan...a good talking to...:)

deb415611

I did pulled pork for the second time this weekend.  All I can say is WOW,  it was awesome.   It  was so much better than the first which I rushed a little (first was good, but not near as good).  Did Wild Willy Rub, 3 hours apple & 1 hour hickory &  FTC for about 4 hours.   Served it with rolls & corn on the cob.

The funniest thing  about this is that my son (almost 17) LOVED it.  He was a vegetarian for almost 5 years,  he has been eating meat again for about a year and is the biggest carnivore I know - it's like he's making up for all the meat he didn't eat. 

I need to thank everyone here- I have learned so much in the six weeks since I found this site. 

Deb

Wildcat

Congradulations on the success.   ;)  When it comes to pork and some beef, low and slow is the way to go.  :)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Gizmo, Looks like great fun.  Different kind of smoke but great fun!

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Arcs_n_Sparks

Gizmo,

Those photos brought back memories. If you need warheads, PM me....   8)

iceman

Quote from: Arcs_n_Sparks on June 08, 2008, 08:02:06 AM
Gizmo,

Those photos brought back memories. If you need warheads, PM me....   8)

Giz you could load a few ABT's in the war head and send it my way.  ;D :D ;)
Looks like fun except the jumping part.

Gizmo

Quote from: La Quinta on June 07, 2008, 11:53:18 PM
Gizmo Dude...we're you in "my desert"? Please lie and tell me you were in Baker or something? Otherwise I'm gonna have to come down and give you and Ryan...a good talking to...:)

No, I wouldn't have skipped out on you.  We were down by Plaster City or about 25 miles West of El Centro.

Ice, I think they had a few ABTs loaded in and headed your way.  Unfortunalty the RDAS failed resulting in the lawn jart mode of opperation.  We had several rockets that burried thier nose cones DEEEEPPPP into the rock hardended ground.  Maybe next time.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

whitetailfan

Freezer full of deer from 06/07 seasons.  Starting this weekend on jerky-ing it all.  First batch hits the smoker tomorrow a.m. and doing a bunch in a row cause camping season is here!!!!!!!
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Gizmo

After the smokin in the desert, no not from the 93 degree temperature which is cold by LQ standard,  ;D Did a high speed smoked spare ribs.  Ice's oinkr seasoning, 1hr 20 smoke (took longer due to a few missed puck cycles) then AJ spritz, wrapped in foil and onto a 300 degree grill.  Finished 1/2 the ribs with Ice's Sopin' sauce, 1/2 with a Korean BBQ sauce, and the trimmed ribblets went bare.

La Quinta

You're right Giz...93 is...uh...for weather wimps...!!! BUT...have you found out what's causing the "puck cycling problem"? I know you cleaned and got the unit very clean..any ideas? (Just in case somebody else has the same issue).

Gizmo

No, it has been acting up and actually seems to get worse with age.  The timer cycles as I can here the click, just doesn't go through the motion.  I haven't put any time into trouble shooting.  Too busy running from land sharks and dodging rocket lawn jarts I guess.   :o

FLBentRider

I've got 3lbs of Almonds in now getting 3 hours of Hickory. Tomorrow 4lbs of Jerky.

Saturday our Boy Scout troop will board the Amtrak to head to Raleigh, NC, then a bus to Camp Raven Knob outside Mount Airy, NC.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Gizmo

FLB,
Guess you start a repeat of that menu for next weekend to replace what will surely be gone in 30 seconds if it goes on the trip with the scouts.

FLBentRider

I'm taking 9lbs of jerky and 3 lbs of almonds. That should do for the trip up.

There are already packages in the mail for replacement supplies...

Last year we took 3 personal vehicles for 21 people. Rising fuel prices and more people (26 this year) forced us to seek alternatives. A round trip charter bus from FL to NC was going to be $7800.00 - between and Amtrak and the shorter charter bus, we got the cost under $4200.00 - and when you have to raise that money selling popcorn, etc --- that is a big difference.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!