Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

And so what time should I book my flight...... ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

La Quinta

I'd be thrilled to hear what you think of it FLBent...really....:) Please...I want feedback...

firerescueman

belly bacon.......    71 pounds of it total.......  doing in 3 different smokes today.  First two batches are done and lookin' FANTASTIC!!!!!!     Can't wait till they are chilled so I can slice 'em up!

Did the basic maple cure with brown sugar...     mmmmmmm.... good stuff!

sniff...sniff.....     can ya' smell it?

God has a sense of humor....  Don't believe me?  go to WalMart and just LOOK at people!

westexasmoker

westexasmoker

On the menu for this weekend some beef wraps, couple of drunk chickens, six racks of ribs a dozen or so rats, some smokey corn on the cob, jalapeno pinto beans and nice loaf of homemade bread!  And lots of adult beverages  ;D  I better get crack-a-lacken!

C

Mr Walleye

Sounds great Westex!

Last night I stuffed 30 lbs of Kielbasa. I have 15 lbs in now and will fire the other 15 lbs tomorrow morning. Ever since I started making this sausage I can't keep much around. Friends and family love the stuff. I'm planning on building a separate smoker for sausage, something with a larger capacity to keep up.  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

FLBentRider

Mrs FLBentRider is drying 8lbs of (beef - 4lbs of Hi mtn orig and 4lb of cajun) jerky in the convection oven since I am flat on my Back.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smokin Soon

I'm doing some more Hab's bacon this weekend, but want to do a couple of loins with a good garlicky spicy marinade or injection.
Any award winning recipes out there

Gizmo

Quote from: FLBentRider on July 01, 2008, 04:01:40 PM
Mrs FLBentRider is drying 8lbs of (beef - 4lbs of Hi mtn orig and 4lb of cajun) jerky in the convection oven since I am flat on my Back.

FL, you weren't suppose to try to beat her to get it drying and then get your butt kicked in the process.   ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

westexasmoker

chrispy

I have my first attempt at habs canadian bacon going in the smoke tomorrow.  I can't wait to see how it comes out.  I will post pictures as soon as i can!!

Chrispy

bigcatdaddy

This weekend.......Pork Tenderloins,ABT's,Crab Stuffed Mushrooms,Brauts,a couple of whole Chickens and my first Fatty.  I better get to work!!!!!!!!!!

westexasmoker

Today nice and simple Hamburgers and Hot dogs, but also just picked up 50 lbs of brisket (hard to resist at 87 cents a pound) we'll throw a couple of those into the smoker for tommorrow along with some chicken, sausage and course abt's! Shaping up to be a good weekend!! Happy 4th everyone and be safe!!

C

Smokin Soon

Did a few pork loin roasts injected with some Cajun garlic stuff.

Also did a short brine on some chik legs with tenderquick and Kikomens garlic marinade

Both were fantastic! Happy 4th!

Consiglieri

Nice looking grub, Smokin Soon.

Had to get back in the saddle myself!  5 lbs of spare ribs slathered with a spicy sweet beer/mustard slather, and dry rubbed with sweet and heat spices are in the box for a smoke bath of apple and pecan. To celebrate the smoker's return to action, I had to open a cold Sierra Nevada too.

I'm starting to get the "E 1" message more often (even though I leave the cord in place) and have to play with the temp probe cord.  Is this a problem that will require opening the box and playing with a solder gun? 
Consiglieri