Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IKnowWood

Good old Baby-backs last week and today was "Ain't your Momma's Meatloaf"  we love this meatloaf.

May hold off for a little, got work to do to go on last RV trip to Chesapeake Bay area (no bridge crossing).

Course there is the October driving in-laws RV to Myrtle Beach for parking for a while, but that is different.

Might do some onions soon for soup.  Missing it.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Gizmo

Quote from: deb415611 on August 10, 2008, 04:44:45 AM
Only jerky this weekend.  First time I have tried it.  Hi-Mountain original & inferno.  Also, did a lb of turkey with the Hi-Mountain Apple turkey seasoning. 
[/quote
Deb,
Let us know how the turkey turned out and how you prepared it.  My wife has inquired about turkey jerky so I might have to jump in on that as well.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

deb415611

Quote from: Gizmo on August 10, 2008, 08:59:01 PM
Only jerky this weekend.  First time I have tried it.  Hi-Mountain original & inferno.  Also, did a lb of turkey with the Hi-Mountain Apple turkey seasoning. 
[/quote
Deb,
Let us know how the turkey turned out and how you prepared it.  My wife has inquired about turkey jerky so I might have to jump in on that as well.

Giz -- I'll write it up later tonight.  I tried for a cran-apple version which didn't work out quite like I hoped but it's something I'm going to work on. 

deb415611

Quote from: Gizmo on August 10, 2008, 08:59:01 PM
[/quote
Deb,

Giz -- I put in this thread    http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=7371.0

Gizmo

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

FLBentRider

I _was_ going to smoke a couple of pork butts. BUTT I forgot to take them out of the freezer...  >:(

However, I am going on  the drift boat fishing trip with our Scout troop / Venture crew... So if we catch anything, it's going in the smoker!

I am going to try the fresh sausage thing again... hopefully less sinew this time.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Habanero Smoker

FLBentRider;

You should try the Spicy Roasted Pobalno. It's great stuff.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

That recipie looks good; It is definitely on my radar. I don't have the peppers in stock. I'll see if I can get some tonight.

How fine do you chop the poblanos ?

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Habanero Smoker

I like to do a small dice about 1/8" - 1/4". Because of the irregular shape of the poblanos, I usually have to finish off the roasting with a handheld blow torch. I've never tried fully roasting with the blow torch. You don't have to stuff it; it form well into patties, and if a meatball recipe or sauce calls for Italian sausages, I often use the poblano sausage instead.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

I've got the pablanos. Roasted them up this morning. I've never used that type of pepper. Kinda green bell pepper tasting. Not a favorite of mine. I was hoping they would be more like jalepenos. I'm going to split the batch and put them in 1/2 - The Mrs. likes them.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

FLBentRider

Sausage made. Good stuff. I used a loin instead of a butt - less sinew to deal with. Grinding was much better - what I expected - I fed the grinder and ground meat came out the end, not like the last time where it seemed like I had to mash on the pusher and this goey mess that did not break off on its own oozed out the end.

Tastes great - I like the batch without the pablanos... but the other batch is good too, not as strong as I thought it would be.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

FLBentRider

I put some of KyNola's "Jans" rub on a pork loin and gave it 3 hours of Oak @200F - I just put it in FTC with an IT of 143.

My first smoke under Tropical Storm conditions and a Tornado watch!

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smokin Soon

FLBentRider

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

Smokin Soon -- looks great. 

I have some canadian bacon ready to go in today.  I'm trying the recipe from Charcuterie