Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

It seems like the front to pack difference is worse than top to bottom. Front row at 134 back at 155. Pulled a few off the back row.

Looks like I accidently bit one!!

La Quinta

SmokinSoon...those look killer!!! Taste good too I bet!!! Well Done!!  :)

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Smokin Soon on August 25, 2008, 05:40:11 PM
Looks like I accidently bit one!!

Ya think!  ::)

LMAO !   :D  :D  ;D

They look great! Did you give them an ice bath after removing from the smoker?

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokin Soon

I did not do an ice bath. I pulled with an it of 154 and let them rest. I think this was from Habs, I am not sure. My wife bought me a Thermopen for our anniversary and do I love it! For Sausages it is the most non-intrusive surgical sticker you can get. It's the top tool in my box next to my et-73's

Habanero Smoker

Sausage looks good. What type of sausage did you make?

For sausage I always sock them in ice water (for me it's easier then showering with cold water) to stop the cooking, and it lessen the wrinkling. I generally pull them out at 150°F, I used to go to 152°F - 154°F.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smokin Soon

Sausages were made from a Cajun seasoning from A.C. Legg. Added more garlic and cyan. Rytek's book says 160 and then a cold shower. I thought pulling at 154 would be the same. Do the wrinkles really go away after the cold water?

Habanero Smoker

Generally the wrinkles will go away, but if it is over cooked they won't. Cold water baths also improves the texture of natural casings.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Smokin Soon

Next time I will use the cold bath, as the sausages taste great, but do look a little weather beaten. I need to sharpen my stuffing skills as I popped too many casings in the making. Thought I had just enough water in the mix for things to go smoothly, but maybe not. Back
to Rytek's book for more education. Next try will be Portugese Linguica.

oguard

Indian Candy this long weekend. Finnaly get time to smoke some of the salmon we caught this year.

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

pensrock

Since I'm off for medical reasons, I'm smoking next week vs the weekend. One day doing a brisket, next ribs and finishing with a fresh king salmon. And yes Kummok it is caught fresh not farmed.  :D

bflosmoke

I have spare ribs on as type. And tommorrow a Boston butt for a picnic on Mon.

FLBentRider

Today - Pastrami - brisket has been curing since last weekend.
Sunday - 2 Chickens
I have 18lbs of Spare ribs for Monday
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Habanero Smoker

Trying some dinasour bones (whole rack of beef ribs) tomorrow for the first time.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

KyNola

3 racks of pork back ribs with Jan's Dry Rub and 2 butts totalling 13 pounds with the Renowned Mr. Brown rub frim S&S. ;D

KyNola

FLBentRider

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on August 30, 2008, 02:02:55 PM
Trying some dinasour bones (whole rack of beef ribs) tomorrow for the first time.

They had them at the store where I got the pork ribs, I passed on them. last time they did not turn out satisfactory. Let us know how they turn out.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!