Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Gizmo;

Thanks for the information.  I may use the oven in the latter stages next time to get them a little more tender. My total cook time was 6 hours, and the temperature was pretty much at 225°F the whole time.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

westexasmoker

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smokin Soon

A couple of beef fattys, some roasted garlic sausage and a pork fatty from the leftover sausage mix. Busy day!

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk250/smokinsoon/DSC00592.jpg[/img]]

Gizmo

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on September 01, 2008, 02:46:42 PM
Gizmo;

Thanks for the information.  I may use the oven in the latter stages next time to get them a little more tender. My total cook time was 6 hours, and the temperature was pretty much at 225°F the whole time.

The foil wrap or boat with some liquid for 90 to 120 minutes is what I find makes the ribs tender and juicy.  These were not falling off the bone (a light touch and the meat is on the plate and you can't pick up a bone with meat on it) but when trying to cut them, with a little pressure from the knife, they fell apart.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

KyNola

Giz,
I did 3 racks of good size back ribs. Used Jan's Dry Rub.  2 hours and 40 minutes of hickory smoke at 220 then individual foil wrap with a splash of apple juice in the package.  Into the house oven at 220 degrees for 3 hours.  Turned out just like yours.  Very moist and tender, almost falling off the bone.  My wife loved them.

KyNola 

Oldman

Smokin' Soon,

Looks good!

How about looking at this THIS LINK.

Your image KB and size make it a slow load for our dial up folks.
Thanks
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Smokin Soon

Oldman, how do I reduce the file size from photobucket? Do I have to reduce it to e-mail size before I upload to photobucket?

Oldman

Yes you should re-size your images before you upload to your server...In your case photobucket. If you don't have software to do it then do get IrfanView. If I remember correctly (I don't use IrfanView) you address the foot print in the program via edit --> size... I could be wrong but it will be something close to that--just check the help file, and when you go to save the image there is an option concerning the KB size. 60% of full JPG is good. If you go down to 50% the image starts to suffer. At 30 -40% the image is not worth posting.

If you have a problem understanding IrfanView I have it on my system let me know what it is, and I will look at it to help you. Let me know on the Help Forum...address the posting to me.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Gizmo

Photobucket will size them when you up load.  All you have to do is select the size before uploading.  The size shown 640 x 480 is my default size.  Here is the screen shot showing the "Reduce to:" is just below the "Choose files" box. 

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Gizmo on September 01, 2008, 04:18:39 PM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on September 01, 2008, 02:46:42 PM
Gizmo;

The foil wrap or boat with some liquid for 90 to 120 minutes is what I find makes the ribs tender and juicy.  These were not falling off the bone (a light touch and the meat is on the plate and you can't pick up a bone with meat on it) but when trying to cut them, with a little pressure from the knife, they fell apart.

I'm going to have to tinker around a bit. The Asian style were braised (boated) for more then 4 hours and still were tougher then I would like. So it looks like I may have to adjust the temperature and times. That is if I ever come across beef ribs again. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tiny Tim

Although I had sworn never to try to make ribs again, I went back on that yesterday.....and am glad I did.  I had the meat dept. guys remove the membrane from 2 racks of back ribs and had them in the fridge overnight.  Plugged in the smoker at noon, then took the ribs out, cut each slab in half, and sprinkled some Oink'r rub on them.  About 1:00 I loaded the ribs into the smoker with 2 hours of Hickory bisquettes.  About 4:00 I decided that they might need a bit of steaming/braising, so I wrapped them in foil with a good splash of Orange Juice (didn't have apple handy).  Let them go until about 7:00 when I put them on the grill for Dad to caramelize some sauce (wanted kind of a sweet taste, so I didn't use Sop'n Sauce).

Very happy with the result.  Not falling off the bone, but I was holding a clean bone when I got done with each one.  One rack would have been plenty for us, but at least now we have a quick rib meal waiting for us some night.  Sorry, no pics cause I don't even know where my camera is right now.

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

FLBentRider

I've got a rack of beef ribs sitting in the fridge with KyNola's Jans rub on them. They will go in on Sunday.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

FLBentRider

I was not as happy with the beef ribs as I coulda been. I took them out of the smoker and into a foil wrap, splash of vaunted vinegar sauce, and into a 325 oven for 2 hours. Too hot. I should have made it 250.

In other news, I put 2 pork butts in the brine this morning.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!