Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Gizmo

Quote from: deb415611 on September 28, 2008, 05:35:49 AM
Giz -  that is awesome looking.   

It's damp and rainy here and I have to work  :( so nothing in the smoker this weekend  :( .   Just started some spaghetti sauce - it might become lasagna later....   

Hopefully you have some smoked fatties and smoked meatballs to toss in.  :)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

deb415611

Quote from: Gizmo on September 28, 2008, 11:50:02 AM
Quote from: deb415611 on September 28, 2008, 05:35:49 AM
Giz -  that is awesome looking.   

It's damp and rainy here and I have to work  :( so nothing in the smoker this weekend  :( .   Just started some spaghetti sauce - it might become lasagna later....   

Hopefully you have some smoked fatties and smoked meatballs to toss in.  :)

No, no smoked fatties or meatballs to throw in. :(   I did make some ricotta & was trying to decide how it would be with apple smoked salt.  I opted just for sea salt though.   

Consiglieri

Did some dinosaur bones last night and have some left over for tonight. 
Consiglieri

LilSmoker

My new stock of bisquettes arrived yesterday, and i need to get back in the saddle.
So on Sunday i'm gonna blow the cobwebs of the OBS, and do me some chicken & ribs

LilSmoker

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

smokeitall

I doing 5 lbs of Nepas jerky, since he was kind enough to share the recipe with all.  One variation though....using Teriyake instead of soy...can't wait till the morning when it goes in the smoker!!!!

La Quinta

deb415611

Quote from: La Quinta on October 03, 2008, 08:20:42 PM
Hey Deb...tell me about making ricotta?? Please?

I had never made it before but had read that it was really easy.  I was working at home and didn't want to take the time to leave the house to go to the store..... googled ricotta and this was what I came up with  http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/000282.html   I looked around and the recipes all seemed to be the same.  4 parts milk to one part buttermilk.   I had milk and I had buttermilk so I figured I would give it a try.  I used skim milk and it came out pretty good (considering it was skim milk). I want to try to find some really fresh whole milk & try it with that.  From what I read the better the milk the better the ricotta you end up with. 

There is a place a few hours away that does cheesemaking classes - someday I'm going to find the time to take the class. 

La Quinta

Very...very kool...I like that you want to try to make your own...I have made mozzerella...it came out like a bowling ball!!! I'll try again...I'm good with recipe failures...have had them many times...that's what makes you a good cook...FAILURES!!!!! Interesting isn't it?  :D

deb415611

Quote from: La Quinta on October 04, 2008, 08:22:36 PM
Very...very kool...I like that you want to try to make your own...I have made mozzerella...it came out like a bowling ball!!! I'll try again...I'm good with recipe failures...have had them many times...that's what makes you a good cook...FAILURES!!!!! Interesting isn't it?  :D

I hadn't looked at the classes for awhile but the fall ones are all sold out -none til spring.   This is the lineup for cheesemaking 101 --Farmhouse Cheddar, Queso Blanco, Mascarpone, Whole Milk and Whey Ricottas and a 30 Minute Mozzarella. Plus learn to make Fromage Blanc, Creme Fraiche and Mascarpone .   Not like I need to know how to do another thing anyways  ;D 

Hey LQ & everyone else- do you bake?  Peter Reinhart is starting testing for his new book in a few weeks.  I tested for his last book it was wicked cool.  Check out his blog for details.  http://peterreinhart.typepad.com/

Failures -- yup certainly had my share but certainly does make you a better cook.  Many of mine come from my inability to follow the recipe as written  :o  ;D. 

La Quinta

WOW...read the reviews of his trips...very kool...I love to make bread...a lot...the kneading just does it for me...can't imagine how they did the mixing by hand in the "old days"! We mix in the KitchenAid...and I knead on the coolish (as coolish as we can get here) granite. My husband and I love the entire process...the proofing...the waiting...love, love, love to make bread...baking anything else...NOT SO MUCH!! Hubby is the pie and cake boy...other then bread...measuring is not my strong suit!!!  :)

deb415611

Quote from: La Quinta on October 06, 2008, 07:51:36 PM
WOW...read the reviews of his trips...very kool...I love to make bread...a lot...the kneading just does it for me...can't imagine how they did the mixing by hand in the "old days"! We mix in the KitchenAid...and I knead on the coolish (as coolish as we can get here) granite. My husband and I love the entire process...the proofing...the waiting...love, love, love to make bread...baking anything else...NOT SO MUCH!! Hubby is the pie and cake boy...other then bread...measuring is not my strong suit!!!  :)

Bread is what I enjoy baking the most too.   I do bake other things - I have a 17 yr old son who eats non-stop.  There are at least two types of cookie dough balls in the freezer most of the time.  When I'm not in deadline mode at work there are also usually burger & hot dog rolls in the freezer too.   I do pizza almost every week.    Today I was thinking that the next time I make pizza I need to make a pulled pork barbeque pizza with Iceman's sauce.

westexasmoker

Dang Deb will you adopt me...will work for bbq or pizza, like playing xbox and will take out the trash!   ;D

C

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: westexasmoker on October 06, 2008, 08:28:00 PM
Dang Deb will you adopt me...will work for bbq or pizza, like playing xbox and will take out the trash!   ;D

C

I will even cut the grass, and wash windows!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

La Quinta

I'd dust....and I'm really good at folding laundry!! But...I really like to cook!!  ;D