Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consiglieri

Just the boy, the TV and me in the house today, so a great day to get back in the saddle.  3 racks of babybacks smoked in 3 hours of apple, maple and hickory.  All racks mustard slathered.  2 rubbed with a hot/sweet rub.  One rubbed with crushed garlic, onion powder, salt pepper annd Italian seasoning.  All in the foil pan in a 215 oven as we speak.  Will pull them out around 4:30 for a bit of grilling/glazing with the Soppin Sauce.  The house smells great. 

Hoping Cal can pull it off.  If not, I still have good time with the boy, the ribs, and a beer or two. 

House smells great.
Consiglieri

sherlock

I will be making smoking Hi Mountain Original jerky and a couple turkey breasts this weekend.

Can't wait

FLBentRider

I've got three briskets that should be coming out of the pastrami cure shortly.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bigredsmoker

2 pork butts going in in shortly for 6 hours of smoke and then into the oven to finish over night. 6 racks of baby backs going on in the morning for a 2:30 kickoff of the Big Red! Go Huskers beat K-State!!! Family is coming over for a pre game feast of ribs and pulled pork!!
It will be time soon to make myself a black russian and watch the smoke roll.

Terry

Stargazer

Just smoked up 10 pounds of homemade pepperoni last night. Plan to make more and stock up before the first snow  ;D
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

Mr Walleye

Holy Cow!  You guys have been busy!  :o

I gotta head out of town for a wedding this weekend so the smoker will get a break. I'll have to do twice as much next weekend for sure!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Smokin Soon

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smokin Soon on November 14, 2008, 06:14:54 PM
Jus some big fat ribs here

Ah Smokin Pronto esas costillas miran awsome.

Those are so good lookin my spanish came out  ;D

nepas

Translated.

Wow Smokin Soon those ribs look awsome.

Smokin Soon

Just a follow-up on those ribs, wifey says the best yet! Did a longer slower cook, 2 monster full sized racks split to take up all 4 racks in the Bradley. Did a 4 hour smoke, cooked for 2 hours more in the Bradley, then wrapped in foil with some apple juice for 2 more hours. I was worried about dried up chewy mess at this point but this long cook really did deliver some tasty ribs! No oven involved. Never have done a long cook time as this one but it was a winner!

And yes it was *Hickory*, sorry WTS

LilSmoker

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Smokin Soon

Today did some really thin sliced pork butt and some Korean style beef ribs soaked in Soy, Hoisen Sauce garlic and onion powder a some DBS. 2hrs of hickory and on to the grill saucing and flipping. Good stuff!

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk250/smokinsoon/DSC00634.jpg[/img]]

beefmann

im gonna do da the beefmann topsurloin roast again  :o :o :o :o :o

tsquared

smokin soon--now I like the idea of the Korean style ribs with the Hoisin--how did it turn out?
T2

Smokin Soon

Korean cut ribs are great, they are cut so thin that marinade time is just 60 to 90 minutes. They catch the smoke well and don't really need that much time. The "devil wood" is actually pretty good on these. This is my first try at Filipino style pork on a stick [without the stick], and it's the best so far.