Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

Two of my friends have commited to buy Big Easy's with the sole purpose of increasing the capacity of wings. The DBS will probably load 3 Big Easy's. They like the garlic parmesan better than the hot. I have the fire on the side for those who wish and a Buffalo Blue cheese dip too. Niners game made them hungry I guess! One bowl half gone. This one I left a lot of the minced garlic on the wings and nobody found it excessive. Aslo the smoke was all Maple this time and that seems to work best. I like Hickory myself but majority says Apple.

Buck36

SS,

Those look incredible! Would you be willing to part with the wing recipe?? The recipe site doesn't have many and those wings look perfect. If the BE turns wings like that out consistantly I may have to get one. The oil is too big of a pain for cooking up a couple dozen wings.

Gizmo

First run at a Bison Tri-Tip

Rub last night.

1 hour of cold smoke (oak)
Boated with just a bit of beef broth and covered with Bacon. 
Multizone Cowboy charcoal (and funny it didn't have mesquite) fire for a fairly slow cook.

Off the grill.

Very tasty, and juicy

The bacon was a good topper on the beans.

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Bison is killer isn't it Giz??? Looks fabulous...YUMMY!!!  :)

Gizmo

Definately worth a few more experiments as my brogther-in-law supplied this one.  Not sure what the per pound was but they tend to be a bit high.  I didn't want to alter the flavor drastically beyond the rub as I wanted to see how the base flavor tastes.  Outstanding.  Almost don't want to try anything else as the original is hard to beat.  I do have some Creole Garlic Butter injection that I have used on a regular beef tri-tip.  If I ever get another, I will give this a try as well.

Smokin Soon

That looks sooooo good! I have always wanted to try that. Friends have told me about Bison Filet Mignon and Rib Eye, but never Bison Tri-Tip. Yum!  ;D

sherlock

Temp is to be down around mid forties this weekend and may try some cheese. I bought small blocks of Cabots Vermont Cheddar and Monteray jack. I don't know if I will like it or not. I have eaten store bought smoked guyere and did not like it. I am thinking of two hours with apple. Any suggestions?
nathan

sherlock

SS
Just saw your fattie reply. What is Longinsa sausages?
???

Smokin Soon

Sherlock, Longinesa is probably hard to find in Fla. The one I use is the filipino variety. If you have any asian markets check there. Another option I will use is Linguica, very easy to find. If you like a little heat use the he hot ones. Just open the casings and mix well with the ground meat. Fattys are real crowd pleasers because nobody has ever tried amything quite like it!

Smokin Soon

Buck, my recipe changes every time but I use a mix of soy sauce, white vinigar, Chinese Garlic hosin sauce and a splash of whatever soft drink you have around. It sweetens it  up a bit. On this batch I used a TON of minced garlic. For a non-hot sauce I use a mix of Stubbs and Ice's sauce. I will grind about a cup of fresh Parmesan and half goes in the sauce with 1 min in the micro. The rest is for a final sprinkle.
I should write things down, but when I do these It's usually party time!!  ;D

sherlock

:(
Disappointed!!!!!!!!!!
Was going to try cheese this weekend. Temp was forecast to be down around 47 deg. This morning forecast indicates low temp will only be 53. Is it safe to go ahead and try it?

westexasmoker

Quote from: sherlock on December 09, 2008, 04:50:34 AM
Disappointed!!!!!!!!!!
Was going to try cheese this weekend. Temp was forecast to be down around 47 deg. This morning forecast indicates low temp will only be 53. Is it safe to go ahead and try it?

I think you can pull it off, just make sure and use ice in your water bowl and you might have to keep door proped open just a bit.  Thats what I usaually have to do here, lucky today though have a cold front moving through and high temp of 39 dropping to 29 throughout the day!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

FLBentRider

Disappointed!!!!!!!!!!

I did some @ 47F, It got a little warm. Next time I will put a tray of ice on the bottom rack as well as in the bowl.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Gizmo

Disappointed!!!!!!!!!!

Should be but you can always move the smoke gen away from the BS with a cheap card board box and a piece of aluminum dryer hose.

NePaSmoKer

Giz

Thats some serious good eats..........is that a weber performer you got it on.

nepas