Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

I am truly salivating.....not drooling...I can't even open my mouth from the coma...  :D And there is that hansome bug master!!!

Gizmo

Yeah, he was even digging and sucking the juices and small scraps of meat out of the legs.

Talked to the Crawfish boil folks last night.  Looking forward to next year's.  They expect to have 20 tables or more this year.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

deb415611

Wow Giz,  looks awesome.

They have had alot of reports on the news lately that lobster is at a crazy low price.  I haven't looked since the lobsters don't like me.  I can't eat anything from the sea.   :(

HCT

Duck, great looking bacon, it sure does look juicy.
Giz, the reds look to be a nice size.
Debs, how many hours do you have in your day? I only get 24. ;) :D :D :D You have a very lucky family. ;D ;D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

deb415611

Quote from: HCT on December 14, 2008, 04:43:50 AM

Debs, how many hours do you have in your day? I only get 24. ;) :D :D :D You have a very lucky family. ;D ;D

I try for 36.   I didn't do much else yesterday - And yes they are lucky - I got lucky in the Red Sox virtual waiting room - I was about to close the browser at 7:30 last night and finally got into the purchasing section -  Scored a Sunday Best Sox Pack - 2 tickets to four Sunday games.  My husband & son will be happy with what is in their stockings on Christmas morning.  Got fairly decent seats too - the last couple years all I have been able to get was standing room & bleacher seats  - this year got Pavillion inline with third base.  One of the games is interleague - they are playing the Mets.   It's so weird here -- the family to the right of us are Yankee fans & the family to the left are Mets - makes for an interesting neighborhood. 

Got to cut up some cheese to go in the smoker......

Gizmo

Thanks Deb and HCT.

Deb, sorry to hear you can't eat C-food.
If you ever need some to accompany you on those R Sox games, the young man in the picture will be there for you.  Huge Sox fan, long before they won the big show and got popular with the fair weathers.  He and my daughter were at the game where they filmed the show "Fever Pitch".

deb415611

Quote from: Gizmo on December 14, 2008, 11:24:58 AM
Thanks Deb and HCT.

Deb, sorry to hear you can't eat C-food.
If you ever need some to accompany you on those R Sox games, the young man in the picture will be there for you.  Huge Sox fan, long before they won the big show and got popular with the fair weathers.  He and my daughter were at the game where they filmed the show "Fever Pitch".

Yeah it stinks.  I love crab, lobster, scallops but breathing is more important to me. 

I'll keep the sox thing in the back of my mind.  That's cool that they were there when Fever Pitch was filmed.  We have always been Red Sox fans having grown up in New England. 

Smoking Duck

Man, do I love lobster!  I have a friend who lives here but has a house up in Maine.  He goes up every year for Diver Duck hunting.  Gets the lobsters for $5 apiece for me.  They're still alive and kicking when they get here.  I actually had 32 of them in the freezer last year when we had the house fire.  We lost them all when the power went out because of the fire.  It wasn't all bad though......the cost for me to replace them locally was $16.99 per pound and since they all ranged at 1.25 lbs or larger, I got reimbursed well.  Still, I'd rather have the lobsters.  Now that I'm a poor bloke outta work, didn't get any this past year  :'(

Deb, everything looks awesome!  Thank you so much for the pics.....I love bacon!

SS, real nice looking bacon you got there!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

deb415611

Here's what I did today......   I still have to make the icing for the cinnamon rolls & bake the multigrain bread but both will have to wait until tomorrow night.   

Click to enlarge

The cheese    4 apple, 2 pecan

Cinnamon rolls  - no smoke  :D

The roast -  a little oak - my smoke generator seems to have decided to stop working (another days issue), finished in the Big Easy

Summer sausage (Charcuterie) -  a little oak, they are sitting at room temp for two hours

and the belly bacon is happily curing in the fridge.

Deb

Smokin Soon

Deb, my hats off to you. If I tried to do that many things at once there would be a shutdown and nothing would get done. How do you do it?

Gizmo

That is an awesome spread you have there.

How did the Xmas tree shape on the cin rolls come out?

I agree with Smokin Soon, Deb that is one ambitious day.

deb415611

Giz,

The cinnamon rolls come out well in the tree shaped pan.  I have used them before.  I did another Christmas tree pan that I didn't bake, it's in the freezer until Christmas eve, then out of the freezer for an overnight thaw/rise & into the oven Christmas morning. 

Almost everything was a more than one day prep but I did not do much else over the weekend. 

Deb

Brewmeister

All the great lookin' pics are making me hungry. Figured I'd return the favor.

Happy Smokin' !

Smoking Duck

Quote from: deb415611 on December 14, 2008, 05:57:35 PM
Here's what I did today......   I still have to make the icing for the cinnamon rolls & bake the multigrain bread but both will have to wait until tomorrow night.   

Click to enlarge

The cheese    4 apple, 2 pecan

Cinnamon rolls  - no smoke  :D

The roast -  a little oak - my smoke generator seems to have decided to stop working (another days issue), finished in the Big Easy

Summer sausage (Charcuterie) -  a little oak, they are sitting at room temp for two hours

and the belly bacon is happily curing in the fridge.

Deb

Deb,
In the words of the great musical group, Chicago, "You're the inspiration."  ;D  I'm out of work and I still don't tackle that many things!

Thanks for the pics!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Deerman47

Hi all, newbie on this site. Have been smoking some for lots of years.